• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permanent Matte Vinyl ?

Sign_Something

Hey guys, Im trying to find a supplier for matte vinyl, more specifically an army green matte vinyl. Im looking for vinyl to use in my cutter, not wrap vinyl. I know oracle and some other companies have matte vinyl but ive only seen it offered in their removable vinyls. I have quite a few clients asking for it and I cant find it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

J Hill Designs

not many, if any, companies make matte vinyl for plotters...especially for some random color. possibly white, black, red

shoresigns

ahhh gotcha, that isnt really cost or time effective for me. Im using this vinyl for small window stickers.

I thought you said you had quite a few clients asking for it. Just laminate a bunch of it at once. Probably more cost effective than hunting down a new supplier for one obscure colour that probably doesn't exist.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why does it need to be permanent adhesive? In fact if it is for automotive window decals your clients will thank you if you use a removable over a permanent adhesive vinyl.

petepaz

avery has some but not sure if they have the color you need but i would say laminate with matte is the way to go like already mentioned. just charge what you have to if the customer goes to someone else they will have the same problem and have to pay for green vinyl with matte lam

Sign_Something

Thanks for the replies guys.

They need to be permanent because the people who buy these expect them to last forever through car washes and daily abuse.

I saw the translucent stuff but its just way to pricy.

Christian @ 2CT Media

That has nothing to do with permanent adhesive... you can still use a removable adhesive and get long term durability. Besides if your client wants to remove the vinyl , anything after a month will be a nightmare to remove the adhesive with permanent adhesive vinyls.

CanuckSigns

I've never seen a great selection of matte vinyl, some suppliers are starting to come out with matte wrap films now as it seems to be the trend right now.

I would also vote for using a matte laminate on regular vinyl then cut the decal. tell the client the material they want is special order, you need to order in a minimum of 10 yards, go laminate 10 yards and cut as many decals as you can get out of the material.

if the customer gives you grief over the price or having to order more than what they need, let them try to find someone else, this thread makes it pretty clear the material they are looking for doesn't exist, so it's not like the guy down the road is going to be able to make them any differently.

Sign_Something

I understand and agree with everything your saying. I will most likely be going the lam. route. Just wanted to see if there was a quick easy ready to go alternative, I figured someone out there made matte vinyl in more then white and black but i guess not

Filmpro

Oracal 651 Matte Dark Green or Forest Green come with a permanent adhesive. The 631 series mentioned above comes with removable adhesive.