• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Permanent Matte Vinyl ?

SIGNTIME

where can you get oracle 651 in matte dark green??

anyone who sells oracal can get it but it will most likey be direct order and shipped straight from oracal .... permanent vs removable for this I would use permanent as well since its going on glass.

Mosh

Oracal 3640 come in matte finish and it is pretty cheap. 4-5 year life. 30" is the smallest size.

Inkspit Designs

I've used Oracal 631 on a few vehicle stickers when the customer wanted a matte finish. They have stood the test of time over the last several years going through car washes and the usual daily abuse. Sounds to me like a solution for what your looking for.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Out of curiosity, why are your customers asking for something that's not really available ??

The better thing to do rather than waste time searching for something that might exist is to tell them what you can offer them at a good price. Otherwise, you tell them they will pay out the schnozzolla for a custom made product. I mean, if you go the Burger King and ask to have your oil changed, it's gonna cost you more then getting a burger, fish sandwich or what they have in stock, huh ??

Why is matte army green so important ?? Besides, normal gloss will wear far better and longer.

Trip59

Just use something like Greenstar... it'll be matte in no time at all, and after a year or so, will shrink up and remove itself :Big Laugh

On a serious note, what kind of issues would the extra mil or three from the lam cause on cut designs on glass?

Sign_Something

Out of curiosity, why are your customers asking for something that's not really available ??

The better thing to do rather than waste time searching for something that might exist is to tell them what you can offer them at a good price. Otherwise, you tell them they will pay out the schnozzolla for a custom made product. I mean, if you go the Burger King and ask to have your oil changed, it's gonna cost you more then getting a burger, fish sandwich or what they have in stock, huh ??

Why is matte army green so important ?? Besides, normal gloss will wear far better and longer.

I sell a high quantity of small 4-36in automotive stickers. A big part of my sales is from off-road enthusiasts. They like the matte colors. I was just trying to see if there was a product out there that I was missing.

Oracal 651 does not have a MATTE dark green...

Sign_Something

I've used Oracal 631 on a few vehicle stickers when the customer wanted a matte finish. They have stood the test of time over the last several years going through car washes and the usual daily abuse. Sounds to me like a solution for what your looking for.

Thank you, I may give it a try then, I just wasnt sure about its durability.

jfiscus

Rap Master
If you order enough vinyl, even 3M will make a custom color for you.
If not, educate the customer on what matte vinyls are available (tell your salesman to get off his butt and bring you some current swatch books too!)
Or, tell them you can apply matte lam to any color but that comes at an additional expense.
The customer will make a quick decision when they see the price difference.

FWIW, matte green doesn't seem like it'd stand out very well at all on car windows if this is what these are for.

Sign_Something

If you order enough vinyl, even 3M will make a custom color for you.
If not, educate the customer on what matte vinyls are available (tell your salesman to get off his butt and bring you some current swatch books too!)
Or, tell them you can apply matte lam to any color but that comes at an additional expense.
The customer will make a quick decision when they see the price difference.

FWIW, matte green doesn't seem like it'd stand out very well at all on car windows if this is what these are for.

i understand that, I have a website which people order off of. Some people have asked for matte army green. Its not really about educating the customer. For me its about trying to offer the greatest selection of colors and colors that people want. i have been getting avery matte black and that has been a hit so i was hoping to pick up some other matte colors without incurring additional costs which i would have to pass on to the customer. Also if i was able to offer matte vinyl at a regular price i would be able to offer something that nobody else or very few have.