• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

photoshop font outline help?

Tagdog

When using Corel Draw and you want to outline text you use the outline pen tool and choose how big you want the outline. When using Adobe Illustrator you use the storke, you can make the stroke the size and color you want.

But, what about Photoshop? I am having to re work a banner that was created using multiple layers that a customer brought in ans I added some text, wanted to outline the text and could not find out how to do this? Am I missing somethong staring me in the face? How do you give text an outline in Photoshop?

Signs Up

Raulrdz

If you want an outline on text 1. select the layer that contains the text 2. select "LAYER" from the menus 3. Select "LAYER STYLE" 4. Select "STROKE"

p3

Who uses strokes??? Geez. I'm more of an offset path kind of guy. Especially in illustrator. Makes it much easier when working with a design that has been made already.