• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Photoshop - watermarks

WVB

Is there a way to add your own watermark utilizing Photoshop CS2 without having to subscribe to Digimarc services? Thanks in advance.

Derf

I would create a new layer on top then create Water Mark then change the opacity of the layer to desisted %

I think that should do it for you.

3CGraphics

I make a mark in black on it's own layer and reduce the opacity until it's there but not intrusive - I usually put it below the 'real' layers though

Steve

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Sometimes I'll copy the technique used by a number of stock photo companies and have a repeating pattern of the company name going across the entire image. You can make the pattern very transparant, yet still noticeable. Some firms do a kind of embossed effect or glass like effect. The customer still sees the image just fine. But he can't repurpose it for his own uses at all.