• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PhotoTex and FC8000

nopalito24

Hey,

Any body having issues contour cutting( cut line alignment) PhotoTex media(for solvent printers) on an FC8000?if so any suggestions?

Graphtec cutting on Photo Tex

Hi Guys, We sent material to Graphtec themselves and this was there answer to get a clean cut.
FC8000, force at 28 with the correct blade length, on the FC2250, force set to the 30, the extra force is to keep the head down so it won’t skip any threats.
The key is to dial the blade to the right length.
We used both the cb09u and the 15u blades and both work well
e-mail me direct anytime

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeD

photoTex is a great material as it sticks to almost anything...and actually stays where you stick it rather than falling off the wall/window or whatever else you apply it to. I have had the most luck using flatbed plotters for photoTex. Graphtec's FC2250 with a sixty degree blade works well. I always keep a closer watch on cuts with this material as opposed to pvc because the loose weave construction can be tricky, but it's worth the effort as this is a reliable material to use. Also, make sure to adjust your force settings in conjunction with your blade stick-out through the life of your blade.

Hope that helps you out!