• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Phototex on sloped wall/ceiling

Billct2

I have a job to apply 2'x12' panels on a sloped wall/ceiling. I would like to use something that can be removed but will stick well. Is phototex or similar a good product? I have only used it on flat walls.

Bigdawg

Just Me
A lot depends on the paint used on the walls. We just had a big job fail (Used avery permanent wall vinyl) because the aggressive properties of the paint repel not only dirt, but the adhesive on the vinyl too. Unfortunately this was a contour cut job so we couldn't use phototex. I've found the opaque version of Phototex to hold up a lot better than the original version, but I would test an area before committing.

Billct2

We did a couple 10'x7' wall murals in the same area, don't remember if it was Photex or another brand, and they have held well.
But I it sounds like I should go with something a little more aggressive.

Billct2

Not asking for it, but I thought it would look better if they matched. Plus I like to look of phototex for "corporate" office wall applications

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you thought about a regular wall vinyl rather than phototex? All of our lobby signage is printed on Mojave Sign Ad and applied to sheet rock walls. They say it easily removes up to a year but we test it every year and it comes off no problem.It has also stuck to the wall for many many years without peeling off at all. It also has a satin finish for a nice classy look. Good stuff.