• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pictures for wallpaper murals

lora

I hope everybody stay safe and ready for the 4th.

I have a question: What is the best source for downloading vector or high quality pictures for wallpaper murals (preferably for free). I see different wallpaper printing companies use exactly the same pictures (designs) on their websites or other web platforms; they just change furniture in front of it.

Any ideas or experience shared will be very helpful.

Billct2

You are treading on dangerous ground. First about all those wallpaper sites having the same designs, you might discover it's all the same company with different names/sites so they get more traffic. Second, you may find using "free" images may come with limits on how they are used. The same is true for purchased images. Of course there's lots of people skirting the rules and getting away with it. But setting up a retail site to sell a product makes your images usage open to scrutiny.

lora

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ea/Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
Public Domain works of art are free and often super high res. NASA and the National Archive have very high res scans of stuff like space and the constitution. All sorts of different sources, googling images with advanced search options on, set to 12mp or greater will turn up quite a bit. Just don't go stealing some of the copyright stuff you will find.
Thank you JBurton. It seems like majority of wallpaper printing companies (small to mid level ones) use the same picture stock. I already found some of them on Adobe stock website, but you got to pay $$.

lora

You are treading on dangerous ground. First about all those wallpaper sites having the same designs, you might discover it's all the same company with different names/sites so they get more traffic. Second, you may find using "free" images may come with limits on how they are used. The same is true for purchased images. Of course there's lots of people skirting the rules and getting away with it. But setting up a retail site to sell a product makes your images usage open to scrutiny.
Billct2, you are absolutely right about people use multiple names/sites to get more traffic. Some of them I was even able to distinguish, but still the question is where they get it from?
Thank you

bannertime

You're not going to be able to get those exact same images for free. If you do, you've likely gotten them from a less the reputable source. You can sometimes find good stuff on sites like unsplash and pexels, but...

Pexels: Don't sell unaltered copies of a photo or video, e.g. as a poster, print or on a physical product without modifying it first.

Unsplash: "However you cannot sell an Unsplash photographer’s photo without first updating, modifying, or otherwise incorporating new creative elements into the photos. This includes selling the photos as prints or printed on physical goods."

So just pay up. Use a reputable source. Also, just using the standard Shutterstock or Adobe Stock license isn't going to cut it either. You'll likely need to use the enhanced licenses to be able to print and sell stock images without modification.

lora

You're not going to be able to get those exact same images for free. If you do, you've likely gotten them from a less the reputable source. You can sometimes find good stuff on sites like unsplash and pexels, but...

Pexels: Don't sell unaltered copies of a photo or video, e.g. as a poster, print or on a physical product without modifying it first.

Unsplash: "However you cannot sell an Unsplash photographer’s photo without first updating, modifying, or otherwise incorporating new creative elements into the photos. This includes selling the photos as prints or printed on physical goods."

So just pay up. Use a reputable source. Also, just using the standard Shutterstock or Adobe Stock license isn't going to cut it either. You'll likely need to use the enhanced licenses to be able to print and sell stock images without modification.
Thank you bannertime. What source I can consider reputable? Please advise if you know couple of them?