• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pinstripe or cut vinyl

slappy

I don't digital print.. can i pinstripe the silver color outline with pin striping? or should i just cut out vinyl? Thanks

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 65

jfiscus

Rap Master
Looks like there's 3 colors there; the black in the middle isn't the car.
Pin-striping would never hold up or look good. This would be best done as an Edge print.
If you have to layer vinyl then, yes you're gonna have to cut it and lay it up.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I wouldn't cut a thin stripe, myself. Solid blue, solid silver/grey, solid black- applied in that order. Cuts down on possible failure points.

shoresigns

I wouldn't cut a thin stripe, myself. Solid blue, solid silver/grey, solid black- applied in that order. Cuts down on possible failure points.

Agreed. And you may want to do the last layer wet unless you're very confident in lining things up perfectly.

2B

as the others have said, solid cut vinyl and layer it.

+1 to cutting registration points, we find the hexagon is the best shape straight line for easy alignment and no acute angles to worry about when weeding