• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plastic source for engraving and laser

strypguy

I'm looking for suggestions on where I can buy thin plastics for engraving and laser. One of the products is Gemini duets or equivalent. Thanks, John

strypguy

Would you agree these are made using a rotary engraver? Disregard the top one. John
ULoArc1

Attachments

• IMG_8694.jpg
    IMG_8694.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 180

strypguy

Yeah, I know. This is one of my big accounts and they want me to take over this type of work since they are so happy with what we do on the vinyl side of the business for them. What machine do you recommend for this? I see Roland and Vision make rotary engravers. Any others I should look at? John

CanuckSigns

We've had 3 vision engravers over the years, they are complete workhorses.

Would they accept these as laser engraved? Way less of a learning curve and the machine has a ton of other uses around the shop.

strypguy

We are in the early stages so anything is negotiable at this point. What reasonably priced lasers would you recommend if we go that route. Thanks, John

CanuckSigns

We are in the early stages so anything is negotiable at this point. What reasonably priced lasers would you recommend if we go that route. Thanks, John

I've only ever owned trotecs, they are the best of the best in this market, however epilog isn't far behind these days.

I would keep an eye out for a second hand trotec.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Laser them! We have a Epilog Fusion Pro and can recommend them highly.

Johnson Plastics, JDS, and Hansen Supply our our primary suppliers. But N. Glantz carries duets.

You can also try your plastics suppliers as many of them can get the various brands.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
A good router (if you have one) can also engrave. Just throwing it out there.
If you're getting an engraver, we've been happy with our Xenetechs. I personally liked the Gravograph at a previous shop, but the operator hated it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

What do you do if a customer wants the beveled edge? We have an Epilog laser and Roland engraver and I've had to use the Roland on a few jobs to do bevel cuts. (We do use the Roland to do washout/engraving on the color core stuff.)
We have step cut to make beveled edges, but that is something that is best on a router.