• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please help ASAP (newbie here)

Mimaki Mama

Hey guys. I need some help. I already posted once and I'm sorry if my forum etiquette is not good.

Please can someone help me find info on replacing a JV3-75 SPII cyan head.

I've searched the mimaki threads and haven't found any info. please respond here or send email <janis.klonowski@gmail.com>

Much appreciation in advance to whomever can offer some help...

BobbyFosson

If you have never changed a printhead and properly calibrated them before, you really need to get someone there that knows what they are doing.

Hard to understand why it takes over a week to get a tech there.

Printer techs get paid to do this service and asking a tech to tell you how to do it for free may be a bit much to ask. IMO

Call your tech or a semi-local competitor to see if they can help.

(PS... I will be deleting your duplicate post)

Mimaki Mama

Advantage can't get here until next week. Grimco won't come out because we didn't buy our machine from them. Local techs won't because ... well... because they don't want the responsibility.
ugh. Now what?! I have print head in hand from CMYKparts.

iSign

sub out prints till next week. Trying to do something that complicated to save a week of production could end up costing you a lot more

Mimaki Mama

okay thanks for the advice.
I enjoy reading the posts on the Mimaki Forum.
Thanks for helping me avert disaster!

Case

Are you sure you couldn't get help from Advantage??? I heard they are in your area at this moment............

Case

Case

My friend is a tech out of Detroit for Advantage... I heard he called you and told you that he would be there to fix your machine and you told him you were going to repair the machine yourself...

Is this true?

Just askin'....

Case

Case

That is exactly what I thought... You never know who is reading the message boards Mimaki Mama......... Case closed...

Case

RippinPC

I am in Cincinnati and do service up in your area. Your best bet is to pay someone who is willing to train you to do the repair yourself. First time is much safer and easier to be shown than to try and figure everything out yourself. Parts can be very expensive and easily damaged. This is exactly the type of work I enjoy most.