• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

!!!!!Please Help!!!!! My Mutoh Valuejet 1304 Printhead does not fire Ink

I m new here.

My Mutoh Valuejet 1304 dosent print after trying to print a Logo on Banner.
No Nozzels more but ink flows thru the printhead by Cleaning.( Printhead does not fire Ink )

I´ve checked fuses on the Mainboard = all fuses are OK.
I´ve checked Transistors on the Mainborad = all OK.
I´ve checked maintenance Station = Ink flows thru the Printhead. ( OK )

Now I dont Know what to do.

please Help If You have experience with this Issue.

Attachments

• 20150810_183058.jpg
    20150810_183058.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 500
  • 20150810_183102.jpg
    20150810_183102.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 463

letterman7

If it suddenly threw down those lines, look like the main board went away. The fuses could still be fine, but the circuits are dead.

J Hill Designs

judging by the fact that I assume the last thing through the heads is that black garbled mess, there are problems with your head cables.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The F2 fuse on your motherboard has to be blown. I have never seen a printer do what you describe without a bad F2 Fuse.

heyskull

Our Valuejet did exactly the same as yours about 2 years ago.
Changed F2 fuse replaced print head and printhead cable (use an original Mutoh cable) and has ran sweet ever since.
It is probably shutting down as it can sense their is something else wrong.

Remember fuses are there as a protection to a circuit, so the fault was not the fuse, the fuse is a fail safe for another fault.

SC

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
You probably have something plugged in wrong. The F2 Fuse controls the print head circuit, if it was bad it wouldn't prevent the printer from turning on. I would also recheck the fuse and make sure that you didn't leave solder anywhere else on the board that might be causing a short. That F2 Fuse is very small on the original generation mother boards and it is not easy to replace.

Even if you get it replaced properly and powered back up you will most likely still be missing one of the 8 channel in the print head. I have found that when a short like this happens and the F2 blows the channel in the head that got the short also blows. You should replace the Head Cables and Print Head, possibly the CR cables as well depending on what they look like.

First. thank You all for Your Help.

I will wait for the new Head Cable , and I report what will happen when I replace the new Cable.

Thank You again to All.

netsol

Obviously, check all the fuses (7 of them on main board)

When we have a problem, we send board out for repair to inkjetperformance.com

Flat rate circuit board repair. I just sent out a main board for mutoh.

$450, i believe