• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Please Help...wood Face Monument Fabrication Help

what the

Owner/op
To build this monument- Does anyone have quick tips or ideas on building plans for a setup a wood face like the picture attached? (hidden hardware)
Thank you so much!
Thank you,
1539_1491435830566.gif

ams

There are a few ways to go about it. One is you could mount 3 square stock metal posts in the middle of it, then screw the wood into them. Use a high grade wood and coat it with a polyurethane.

Billct2

I like Rick's construction drawing. I would look at wood alternatives, like composite deck or siding planks.

Johnny Best

If you use the composite, get the tongue and groove to hide the attachment and if you put a metal backer as Rick shows you should figure out a way for moisture to wick off so as not to have further problems later on. Vertical shallow saw cuts on back side of board for water to drain down.
The composite siding has all this engineered into it to wick off moisture but then that has an angle and not flat as your pic shows.
It's a good looking sign the way it is put together. Good luck.

nwsigns

Funny to stumble across this today. Yes that is real wood (Honduras Mahogany) but have also completed similar jobs with composite decking. This was actually build to fit over a concrete structure which is under the sign. The wood panels are attached to an aluminum frame from the back with screws and then the frames attached to the concrete with anchors.

The drawing Rick did works well, just leave a nice reveal between the boards for movement.