• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Plotter problems

spacemonkey

Has anyone had any problems with calibration problems? ie. cal. opos,cal. media. And if any, what was your solution? Thanks!

spacemonkey

Well, It's a Gerber P2c plotter, using Composer to cut and am running XP. It seems that when I run Cal. Opos. and weed the rectangle the result is a Cal Failed. When I run Cal. Media it tells me "this media cannot be sensed with opos" obviously. How can I get this calibrated to sense registration marks? I am a newbie at this so I must be missing some piece of the puzzle. Thanks.

dclet

Gerber P2c = SummaCut series

you're using black vinyl? Either clean it well ( the vinyl ) or try sticking dark blue just to get the offset correct.. you're taking the square out not weeding around it....
is the opos working at all ( is the red light showing on the vinyl) there may be something blocking it.

you can set media calibration manually

http://www.summausa.com/downloads/opos2_manual.pdf

On a side note I didn't know Summa also licensed the opos tech to gerber...heh

Summa Users