• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

pnc 1000a solenoid needed

Simon-vane

Hi everyone, Bought a second hand pnc 1000a plotter off ebay apparently in excellent working order (NOT) first thing I discovered when I turned it on it smelt like something dead was inside it so anyway went to set the blade to do a test cut and noticed the head wouldnt move up and down, took it apart and found the solenoid was was stuffed. told this to the guy I got it from and all he said was I should of had a professional to look at it before I bought it, well if he had of put in his description of sale, plotter not working solenoid burnt out and has something dead inside it I would not of given it a second look.
anyway stuck with it now and just like to ask does anyone out there know where I can get another solenoid for the cutting head..cheers

OldPaint

that is such an old machine, the 2nd series of the 1st ROLAND. PNC-1000 was 1st one. that particular solenoid i would bet is the same from the PNC-1000 up to the GX-24. call roland and see if they think the same. i had a PNC-1000, 2- PNC-1100's & now have a CX-300, and to me that part looks the same on all. if you paid more the a couple hundred for it you got ripped.

Simon-vane

Thanks for the feedback Oldpaint! yes I definately got ripped. well what you have told me opens more doors for investigation, cheers

visual800

simon i dont know how long ago you bought it but ebay loves its buyers. Demand a refund and leave negative feedback IF the seller does not make right. like I said depending on when you bought it.

in the meantime I have seen these machines for parts all over the web

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I don't think Roland changed much in the plotter-blade holder & solenoid department over 10+ years.

If you get nowhere with the seller, you could possibly consider winding a new solenoid yourself, if you're that way inclined? I'm sure it's not much more than a glorified coil of wire around a sewing thread spool, attached to a spring! You'd just need to count the number of turns, and the gauge of the wire!

What did you pay actually?

signage

I don't think Roland changed much in the plotter-blade holder & solenoid department over 10+ years.

If you get nowhere with the seller, you could possibly consider winding a new solenoid yourself, if you're that way inclined? I'm sure it's not much more than a glorified coil of wire around a sewing thread spool, attached to a spring! You'd just need to count the number of turns, and the gauge of the wire!

What did you pay actually?

:goodpost: And don't forget the length of wire.

Simon-vane

simon i dont know how long ago you bought it but ebay loves its buyers. Demand a refund and leave negative feedback IF the seller does not make right. like I said depending on when you bought it.

in the meantime I have seen these machines for parts all over the web
only got it last monday and paid for it about 3 weeks ago.
I have left very negative feedback and asked for my money back but he refuses to give it back..still trying as I think he should do the right thing..

visual800

BS! you file a complaint with ebay and they will get your money back and make him take item back. you do not ask the seller tell ebay and they tell paypal. paypal will lock down his account! do it TODAY!!!

S'N'S

Do what Visual800 said, you claim your money back thru ebay NOT the guy that sold it to you.