• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PNC 1050 Cutting

Bunky67

I finally got my PNC 1050 up and running, tonight I made my first couple of cut's, and they turned out ok, But my plotter sounds like it's laboring, working harder then it should, I believe I have the blade adjusted correctly, and I have tried to adjust the plotter pen force, and have gotten it a little to light,

I'm running Corel Draw and was wondering if there was speed setting or something I might need to adjust,

Thanks

round man

those old rolands can be noisy by today's standards,... they used stepper motors which are much noisier than todays servo motors,....that noise used to be the sound of the plotter making you money

Mosh

They make strange noises....The old Gerber ones were REAL LOUD. Rattling those weights that sat on top the blade.

Bunky67

Sounds

I recognize the main sound, but when cutting it almost sounds like it was laboring or working real hard, I will just keep an eye on it.

round man

I seem to recall a curve smoothing option in the plotter menu that if set wrong would make the stepper motors chatter bad while cutting curves

Cyw

If your saving to plt, adjust the curve resolution to 0.0 in the advanced plt filter settings
Different versions of Corel had different default settings in place for those plt export settings.