• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pnc-1050

gaaron

I am new to all of this, and am looking in to vinyl cutting. i am currently looking at a Roland PNC-1050 15" sprocket fed cutter. I was wondering if anyone here has owned or used one of these cutters and tell me if it is worth even thinking about. The guy that is selling it has this as well as a 24" Graphtec FC2100-60A. I am looking to be as low cost as possible since I am using it as a hobby and not a business, but I want to get a cutter that will be high quality and be able to handle a wide range of materials. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

iSign

I had the PNC-1050 when I started out. It ran very well for me, but I upgraded to a 24" Graphtec, & later sold the Roland since I never used it once I got the Graphtec. So many sign jobs were more efficient to cut out of 24" material & of course the ones that were best cut from 15" rolls were still easily done on the 24" machine... that I would have to assume it would be the better choice for you as well.

gaaron

I figure I can't go wrong with either one, but since I am new to all of this I am looking for more info. I assume that the quality of the two cutters is pretty comparable, but other than size is there any feature that sets one off from the other?

iSign

friction feed plotters can cut several sizes of material including smallish scraps, but for long cuts, you need to be able to manually get the material loaded in straight or it could go off track and spoil a cut after carving up a chunk of material.

The sprocket plotters can only cut 15" in this case, & only if it is perforated material... BUT it will track straight every time & may be slightly better for lots of heavy weight stuff like sandblast mask.