• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Police car graphics for personal use?

inthesignbiz

We embroider hats for the police department.
I asked them once if I would get into trouble if I wore one.
They said only if I identified myself as a policeman.

We did this 1929 original police car a few months ago.
The customer wanted it to look like an original State Trooper car.
The State Troopers actually stopped him but only to look at it
and go on about how cool it looked.

It now sits in a museum in Moscow, Russia.

Cool, yes?

I think that if there were any trouble, it would be on the customer.
trooper269.jpg

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...Hoping they go for the hand-painted option which would be more authentic anyway for that year of car (I think)

Not hand painted. If memory serves they were big water-slide decals.

letterman7

Dealing with many municipalities around here, I know what the short answer would be: only for show purposes. While he might be able to take it on the street, he would probably be hassled if it were a daily driver and face the 'impersonating a police official' penalty. Doesn't matter if you have the blues and reds (which are not allowed anyway) - simply having the word "police" on the car is enough for cause. Like many of the other posters, their customers had their cars for show, movie or special event purposes, not a daily driver. Nothing would come back to you, Jill, but everything would fall on your client. And you know how PA troopers can be sometimes...