• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Police Car Reflective Vinyls??

149motorsports

I got to bid on a police car and they want reflective blue used. What is the best brand to buy from Fellers? any other info pertaining to police cars would be great also! Thanks

sagesign

For cut vinyl I use Oracal 5600 or 5650RA if printed, unless 3M is spec'd, which in my area it never is. Even if it was spec'd the low ballers wouldn't bother using it anyways once they got the bid.

Andy D

They don't have it specked out?
Many times they will have all the colors and materials/vinyl series called out.

2B

They don't have it specked out?
Many times they will have all the colors and materials/vinyl series called out.

This,

also while plotter vinyl is good, most of the Emergency vehicle designs currently have gradient colors / full colors in them and that you have to print

149motorsports

No they sent me a template with what they want it to look like. Just one big graphic with their name and some 911,police,ect logos.. Its just a small town, not for a city or state.

reQ

Yup, i do all Police department & fire department vehicles in our city. All of the decals are digitally printed on oracal 5650RA (i love this materials & unless i will HAVE to use 3m i won't change)

Andy D

All of the decals are digitally printed on oracal 5650RA (i love this materials & unless i will HAVE to use 3m i won't change)

What about it do you like so much? We use 3M reflective, for no particular reason, but I do like most of Oracal's products and have no reason not to switch if it's better.

reQ

What about it do you like so much? We use 3M reflective, for no particular reason, but I do like most of Oracal's products and have no reason not to switch if it's better.
To be honest, i did not try 3M reflective, i started with 5650 & liked it right away. Prints beautifully & install very easy. I am just a person who does not fix stuff if its not broken :)

Jean Shimp

I don't do a whole lot of vehicles, but I have been using 3M 5100 series for several years. No problems, only thing I don't like about it is that it's hard to remove. Once it sticks to the surface there is no going back.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
3M 5100 series here too. We do all county sheriff and 3 cities.

attachment.php

Attachments

• interceptor SUV graphics.jpg
    interceptor SUV graphics.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 147

Andy D

No they sent me a template with what they want it to look like. Just one big graphic with their name and some 911,police,ect logos.. Its just a small town, not for a city or state.

Count your lucky stars then, the last job I did for Nashville Metro was a bunch of small banners and I had to read through a 3 page PDF
of specced do and don'ts. Bureaucrats need to justify their jobs somehow.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
We have our LRPD account and use the same Oracal the other guys have mentioned for most of the die-cut stuff, but also print the badges on 3M 5100. Wayyy better than Edge printing, and much faster.

Jillbeans

I only ever use 3M Scotchlite.
Make sure you get the air-release kind.
Love....Jill
PS...you will probably be underbid by IbisTek.

Starter

We have the contract for Fire and Police. They spec 3M 680. Expensive but that cost is past on to the customer. Plotting and application is fantastic....But then again we are 3m certified shop :)