• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Polycarbonite shortage...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Grimco says they won't have any till the Fall... Just ordered from NGlantz and their stock is very low. What's goin on???

UPDATE: They said it's because the manufactures are focusing on clear acrylic for covid stuff. I duno how this will play out....

Last edited:

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
It doesn't surprise me actually. Glantz just emailed about having Clear cast acrylic in stock...no polycarbonate in stock locally.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Well, what do we do if we need 12' of something?? I see they have clear acrylic but nothing over 10'. Will we just have to stop making those signs till the Fall?

Chriswagner92

Ran into this this week. It makes sense for the manufacturers, focus on where the demand is. The only solution I can think of right now is to make the shortage known and make sure the customer is aware that the time to produce may be longer than expected.

CanuckSigns

Yup, there was a shortage on clear acrylic when covid started, so manufacturers focused on that, now there is an abundance of clear acrylic on the market, but everything else is gone.

I tried to order some clear P95 acrylic, no one has any, no eta either.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
It's interesting to watch the market. Things you would have never thought of are experiencing shortages for odd reasons. I heard yesterday about aluminum cans and coins as well. 2020 still has plans to poke us a bit more I think.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, whodathunk we'd have a toilet paper shortage ?? Talk about essentials. Of course, like some people, they just instal a bidet and get their jollies that way. :rolleyes:

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
I have been converting cans over to flex face. I use springs from McMaster Carr and new trim to hide it. I have the trim bent from a metal building supply. Basically its a Lind type setup.

Joe House

Just curious if you guys are going to start reclaiming sign faces now. Or have you been doing that?
I walked our warehouse today and it looks like we're down to a partial 8' roll here which will probably be gone before long.