• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

poor quality oce arizona

impresionimagine

Hello, everyone. I am a new user of an Oce Arizona 1260, and I am having trouble working with it.
It is a newly installed machine, and for which I have not had training.

These problems occur only in acrylic printing. PVC or aluminum are perfect.

The case, that when printing on acrylic you always see the marks of the passage of the heads.

The test prints, although they are not 100% perfect, are very good.

From my experience with other brands, I would say that what happens is that I do not use the appropriate media profile, but for my model of machine there are no more than I use.

Could someone guide me? I would like to see if I can get it myself before calling a technician, since in my country it is very expensive.

impresionimagine

Do you have any photos of the prints that you can share?

What mode are you printing in?
Good morning mate and thanks for answering. I attach a couple of photos. As you can see, the head pitch is noticeable in the image.

I print on generic ijc257 medium, layered quality, since I want white on top of color.

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20220118_084415.jpg
    IMG_20220118_084415.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20220118_084409.jpg
    IMG_20220118_084409.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 418

impresionimagine

How does your nozzle check look?
As it appears to be banding from missing nozzles.
I'd agree... blocked or deflecting nozzles.

Even though the machine is 'newly installed' it's a 1260 so I'm assuming not new from the factory to you as the 13xx has already been out for 3 years.
Good morning. I enclose a sample of the test.
Indeed, the machine is second-hand and from the beginning it has happened.

To say that there is a problem with the white heads, since from one day to the next the nozzles are blocked, requiring manual cleaning so that the tests come out perfect.
As you can see, some nozzles do not appear after cleaning, but I would say that it is not enough for a bad impression. It is not always the same nozzles that do not appear. On other occasions, after cleaning, there are others that are missing. That if, always of the same heads. Yellow never fails.

At least with my other machines, with a test like this, the machine would print fine.
I do not know if you can see something that escapes me, or that I do not know since I have never used an Oce. Since it prints well on other materials, I'm inclined to think that it's due to a poor media profile.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220119_102627.jpg
    IMG_20220119_102627.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 383

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
To be clear, it's not the media profile. Media profile wouldn't cause any banding as you'd see.

Are you running an ionizer bar? it could be static issues.

impresionimagine

To be clear, it's not the media profile. Media profile wouldn't cause any banding as you'd see.

Are you running an ionizer bar? it could be static issues.
Yes, we are using it.
I imagine it works automatically, right?

Because at no time have I activated any function for its use.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
It does work automatically, as long as the setting is set to "on". You can usually feel it if you touch the bottom of it when it's in operation. (Feels like a VERY light electrical shock, does not hurt)

Is it a digital grade of acrylic that you're printing on? How far is your head height from the material? Have you tried prepping the acrylic to see if it changes? (Personally, I can never get good results on clear acrylic, but we're using an old 318gl w/ 256 inks, so different story)

Since you mention all other materials print fine, that seems to point at the material rather than the printer.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yes, we are using it.
I imagine it works automatically, right?

Because at no time have I activated any function for its use.
There's a setting to turn it on or off.

What does the underside of the carriage look like (where the print heads are)? Is it clean after printing on the acrylic or is it got a film of ink?

We get fantastic results on acrylic.

darinmcd

Premium Subscriber
We get great results on acrylic. We have a clear / white profile we use and when using white make sure you clean it really well and have most all nozzles working.

To make sure that the static bar works, try to find this device or similar.
It should light up at a distance of 75 mm or 3 inches from the static bar while the machine is printing something.

If the problem is observed only on materials that generate statics. Keep in mind that even if the static bar works well, the carriage also generates static when moving.
There are different ways to deal with this. Try the same file on paper or wood.

Attachments

• 31QOFCMUpHL.jpg
    31QOFCMUpHL.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 382

impresionimagine

Hay una configuración para encenderlo o apagarlo.

¿Qué aspecto tiene la parte inferior del carro (donde están los cabezales de impresión)? ¿Está limpio después de imprimir sobre el acrílico o tiene una película de tinta?

Obtenemos fantásticos resultados en acrílico.
Tiene buen aspecto. No se aprecian gotas de tinta ni manchas ni golpes.

impresionimagine

Para asegurarse de que la barra estática funcione, intente encontrar este dispositivo o similar.
Debe encenderse a una distancia de 75 mm o 3 pulgadas de la barra estática mientras la máquina está imprimiendo algo.

Si el problema se observa solo en materiales que generan estática. Tenga en cuenta que incluso si la barra estática funciona bien, el carro también genera estática cuando se mueve.
Hay diferentes maneras de lidiar con esto. Pruebe el mismo archivo en papel o madera.
¿Este problema es visible en cada modo de impresión? ¿Sabes cuándo se realizaron las calibraciones por última vez?
Realmente solo en acrílico. Si utilizo otros materiales, la impresión es buena.
La última calibración alrededor de un año. Leyendo el manual, no indica ningún parámetro que pueda cambiar. Tiene muy poca información realmente.

Muchas gracias por tu tiempo

AlsEU

Realmente solo en acrílico. Si utilizo otros materiales, la impresión es buena.
La última calibración alrededor de un año. Leyendo el manual, no indica ningún parámetro que pueda cambiar. Tiene muy poca información realmente.

Muchas gracias por tu tiempo
If the problem is visible only on the acrylic, I would suspect the static. The user manual will not tell you anything about the calibrations, you would have to look at the service manual. Calibration tests are available in the special print area, but you can't evaluate them, as you would require a microscope, scanner and special software.

impresionimagine

Si el problema es visible solo en el acrílico, sospecharía de la estática. El manual de usuario no te dirá nada sobre las calibraciones, tendrías que mirar el manual de servicio. Las pruebas de calibración están disponibles en el área de impresión especial, pero no puede evaluarlas, ya que necesitaría un microscopio, un escáner y un software especial.
Muchas gracias por la respuesta.

¿Hay que cambiar la altura de la barra ionizadora en función del grosor del material? Siempre lo tengo a la misma altura, ya que en mis otras máquinas no es necesario cambiarlo y quizás debería cambiarlo dependiendo del trabajo