• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

poor quality oce arizona

AlsEU

Muchas gracias por la respuesta.

¿Hay que cambiar la altura de la barra ionizadora en función del grosor del material? Siempre lo tengo a la misma altura, ya que en mis otras máquinas no es necesario cambiarlo y quizás debería cambiarlo dependiendo del trabajo
If you use substrates, which requires higher power of the antistatic bar, it may be required to lower the position of the bar. Original Oce bar (round) is also weak, Fujifilm was using a stronger antistatic bar, supplied by Frasier. It has a longer working distance than the round one from Oce.

Peter1313

The ribbons are made immediately from the beginning of the print, and if so, the print head may need to be calibrated.

If it does so further, it is possible that the chips will fall out as the filters are not aerated?

chinaski

I've moved my static bar higher to accommodate acoustic board printing and never thought it made a difference even when printing on static-prone materials.

edcooleyar

You can try 70/30 acrylic/distilled water to wipe the acrylic. Helps remove static.

Also make sure you’re height is not higher than it should be. Even a small amount can make a difference.

Also try using fine art mode or quality density then follow with white flood. Higher quality modes are less prone to banding.

tollerdad

Also make sure all the heads are in place. Sometimes just vacuuming them or a media hit can dislodge. Push down on the heads after opening carriage cover. Also white ink can be adjusted to different level in the rip. Level 6 shows some banding level 5 is usually good.

edcooleyar

Acrylic can be difficult because the surface tension is higher than most media and the dots don’t spread out.

Your machine is probably also out of alignment. I would have it re-aligned. Just moving the machine would require this.

You can also try raising the head very slightly (like .01” at a time). The higher the distance the more the swipes will move together until eventually they overlap and cause darker lines instead of white lines.

Last edited: