• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

POS software

MatthewTimothy

Was wondering if you guys even use POS software and what you have that you recommend. I've seen a few and have even seen some for my iPad but at a costly rate

ProWraps

man i have lots of POS software, quickbooks, flexi... and a few others. i wouldnt recommend any of them.

ProWraps

oh hey them ***** at flexi (SAI) just got another $120 out of me for a "hard" key. cause their system was wrong and my "soft" key accidentally get registered to someone else and put MY ENTIRE SHOP DOWN FOR A DAY AND A HALF.

you know spend $4k on software, another 6 hundy on the update, and why not, charge me another $120 for a key because your POS system doesnt work right and i have to make sure it never happens again.

i can dig it. makes perfect sense right?

BEST. POS. SOFTWARE. EVAAAAAR!

Last edited by a moderator:

cdiesel

Lose flexi. Get a real RIP.

I've got a webinar with SignVOX tomorrow. I'll let you all know what I think.

Letterbox Mike

Signvox all the way. Mind bogglingly good and they may as well be giving it away for what little they charge for the functionality it includes.

HulkSmash

Lose flexi. Get a real RIP.

I've got a webinar with SignVOX tomorrow. I'll let you all know what I think.

take it from me chris.. worth every single freaking penny. Seriously. The time ive saved using it..... is unbelievable.

HulkSmash

oh hey them ***** at flexi (SAI) just got another $120 out of me for a "hard" key. cause their system was wrong and my "soft" key accidentally get registered to someone else and put MY ENTIRE SHOP DOWN FOR A DAY AND A HALF.

you know spend $4k on software, another 6 hundy on the update, and why not, charge me another $120 for a key because your POS system doesnt work right and i have to make sure it never happens again.

i can dig it. makes perfect sense right?

BEST. POS. SOFTWARE. EVAAAAAR!

im surprised you put up with that. I had an issue like that before i switched to caldera... let's just say they changed their mind....

ProWraps

caldera sounds GLORIOUS.. but the linux box not so much. thats what scares me. and im a linux expert. ran many flavors. just dont want to have to deal with it on a day to day basis. when they convert to winblows and they will, im a buyer.

i dont want, nor have the time, to build a new box, put the rip on it, learn it, integrate it, etc.

cdiesel

Caldera comes with a copy of Linux.. The rep said you can install it on any Windows machine, or a Mac and run Parrallels if you like.

Like I mentioned to you before, (and you said you use dedicated RIP stations as we do), you don't really have to "deal" with Linux. You start the machine, start Caldera, and run it. Our RIP stations don't do anything other than run the RIP, so you never really interface with the OS.

Hell, you said you have an Onyx trial.. and some Rapid Rewards.. use some of em and come spend the day. I'll have Leon learn you some Onyx.

ProWraps

i did the trial of onyx and funny thing it IT CAME WITH A HARD key for FREE. looks just like the one i paid $120 for flexi.

but man, i couldnt get it. i guess its the flexi in me. been with that ****e proggy from the start.

it kept erroring out on my eps loads. which obviously was a no go.

when you really put it into perspective and make me have to come out and hang out with you, oh god.... i just dont think i can handle that nonsense :) hahahahah

cdiesel

eh.. don't know why it was erroring out. We occasionally have an error, which is usually fixed by simply resaving the file (we're talking once every couple of months).

I'll show you when you come in March.. Wuss.

JKADesigns

what part of Point Of Sale don't y'all get... I have Square for my phone... it's awesome and doesn't cost much.

MatthewTimothy

what part of Point Of Sale don't y'all get... I have Square for my phone... it's awesome and doesn't cost much.

Lol, ya I was wondering too. I have the accounting software I wanted now just need a point of sell software to help my associates. Might build one in asp and excel, if I ever get time.

I've got square too but square is a merchant ordering system. Still not a true POS

JKADesigns

Lol, ya I was wondering too. I have the accounting software I wanted now just need a point of sell software to help my associates. Might build one in asp and excel, if I ever get time.

I've got square too but square is a merchant ordering system. Still not a true POS

Huh what Merchant Ordering System... tell me more about that. I just know that they only charge me like 2% :)

Thanks

cdiesel

Umm.. POS software doesn't mean credit card processing.

Are you looking for estimating/invoicing software?

cdiesel

Hey look, the lawn guy changed his name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslawn

Trying to run from his rep, maybe?