• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible Material Failure

Squared2002

So we have a Building Location in Southern California that we do Building Wraps on and have them done them pretty consistently for over a year. The last one we went out to install this week the material would not stick to save it's life. We were installing HP Optimal Gloss Air GRP. Printed using the Canon Colorado 1650 with the UV Gel Inks. This material was going over the perm install Vinyl which is Substance ICON PM-2755, with Laminate. Other than just a straight material failure in the adhesive can anyone think of another reason why the HP will not stick to the Laminated Substance? It is unfortunately comically just blowing off? I was usually pretty confident that if you had to go over Laminated Vinyl it was a pretty good guess that most Vinyls would stick? Last did bit these are experienced Installers that have done this very location dozens of times. Thank You

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Some do..... some don't.

I'm starting to learn that when doing this kinda work, you hafta know ahead of time. There's no room for I thought or it seemed like it should be a go. You need to make sure all your vinyls. laminates, inks and adhesives are compatible. Gotta do your homework.

Chuck B

Riff Meister
In my experience?....sure, you can apply small areas of print material onto existing printed panels, but every time I've installed a printed panel onto a printed panel, both prints lift off...different thermal expansion coefficients. I've learned my lesson... the existing print needs to be removed before applying the new print.