• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Possible to bypass "INK END" on JV33?

Atari

I'm working slowly daily to clean the print head on my JV33 to bring it back to life. Unfortunately my black channel is now reporting "INK END" and won't let me perform any printing actions.. I plan to swap or refill inks and get new chips ASAP, but is there anything I can do now to get it to continue to allow me to perform test draws? The black ink tank is not empty.

inkmed

Just re plug in your black cartridge is OK.
If the chip or board is not borken, re plug will be get chip back to work.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Unless it is a standard cartridge..... once the printer writes to the chip that it is empty, as far as I know there is no undoing that unless you get a chip programmer. One thing you can do, on other cartridges is to break off the empty tab that pops out of the side of the cartridge when it is truly empty. The tab is attached to a plastic piece stuck to the ink bag in the cartridge, the tab is what signals the printer that the cartridge is truly empty and what will cause it to change the ink level on the chip from 1 to 0(empty). This is not a good idea though, the ink level on the chip will still count down from 9 but it will indefinitely stay at level 1 of you do this but the bag of ink in the cartridge will potentially run dray and the printer will not know it. The printer will continue to print even though there is no ink - doing this for too long can overheat and burn out the head.

MikePro

on the Jv3 you're allowed to unplug and re-insert the cartridge, and then the machine prompts you to "add remain?" & enter a value of 0 up to 30cc.

genericname

on the Jv3 you're allowed to unplug and re-insert the cartridge, and then the machine prompts you to "add remain?" & enter a value of 0 up to 30cc.

There is a point where it won't let you do this anymore, but you can just grab a chip from another empty cart that you haven't done the same to, swap them, and plug it back in.

You really need to keep an eye on your ink levels when you do that though. Don't want to get air in the lines, or created negative pressure due to an entirely empty cartridge.

Atari

still having this "INK END" issue

I've got new KK / black chips on the way, but I have a feeling the current ones (permanent chips) are good and there is something else going on. Is there a possibility that any damage to the head and/or main board could cause "INK END" to remain on just the black channels? (both cart slots).

I still need to test swapping the ink end sensors around on that PC board behind the cart slots to see if I can identify if it is a hardware or firmware issue.

I'm just curious if there is any COMMAND within the firmware/menu system that would tell the printer to try again :)