• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post and Panel 4'x8' Pricing

soloinstaller

How much would you guys charge for a site sign, 3mm 4' x 8' ACM face with (2) 12' x 4' x 4' pressure treated posts?

The sign will be for an excavation company and so they will dig the holes themselves.

My material costs come out to around $300 so with 2.5x markup and $90 per hour labor/travel I come out to a final total of $1371. Am I too overpriced for this? The owner is possibly looking to have multiple signs like this put up. Located in Canada by the way

Jean Shimp

How are you installing the sign - is there some sort of framing behind the ACM to keep it rigid? What is the breakdown between the cost of the sign and the cost of the installation?

JBurton

Signtologist
If you can weld, price it up with 2" aluminum tube. Makes the solo install part a great deal easier when the sign only weighs 50lbs...
But yeah, you're going to need more than 4x4's at either end of that panel, so don't forget to figure in 2) 8' 2x4s

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One or two sided ?? 3mm is not enough support for itself to hold up to weather conditions, especially cold and wind or snow plows. A site sin in our area should be at least 6mm and most of them are now 10mm. We have 4 separate site signs at 6' x 8', 4' x 8' and 2 at 8' 8' all on 10 mm. 3 are single-sided. They will still have frames built within the sign area.

gnubler

A site sin in our area should be at least 6mm and most of them are now 10mm.
Are you talking about ACM? That seems overkill. I've done a bunch of these 3mm and most just get slapped on a sheet of plywood for a rigid backer.
Just a temporary site sign, right?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
6mm acm was not vandalism. They're not sure what caused it. Only 1.5 years old.

Attachments

• broken grey muzzle.jpg
    broken grey muzzle.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 94

JBurton

Signtologist
3mm and most just get slapped on a sheet of plywood for a rigid backer.
That should be fine, but by the time you've paid for plywood, I'd just go with a banner. I'll put 3mm on 2" frames, with screws and fender washers every 12".