• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Post Cut Misaligned - Sp540V

bnosanchuk

Hi Guys,

We have a Roland SP-540V that we are trying to use to print, laminate, and cut a 6mil vinyl with a 10mil laminate (have to use three blade passes). Printing goes smoothly but when we reinsert the laminated material, the printer's cuts are slightly off. It has no problem reading the trim/crop marks though. The cuts are all about 3mm to the right of where they should be. We have done alignment correcting and inputted the numbers, but even after this, it still pulls 2-3mm over. But this is actually something we have noticed with our other jobs too. The cut pulls to the right (a smaller amount maybe 1mm), but we just include that in our bleed margin. It doesn't cause a problem with stickers but with the laminate cut we need it to be exactly centered on the print so both sides are even. So, is this something internal or with the blade carriage? Any ideas?

Also, when we reinsert the laminated material, it bumps against the blade carriage. We have tried to set the head height to 'high' but the menu will not toggle, only show 'low'. It scrolls/toggles through other options fine...

rjssigns

We have an SP540V and limit our lengths to 5 feet.(it's showing it's age) Trying to hold register over three passes is asking a lot of the rig.

One thing you can do is to increase pinch roller tension. This really helped as before it couldn't be trusted anything over 3 feet. Mine is maxed out right now so I'm going to have to figure out a shim arrangement. Hate to buy more pinch rollers at 90 bucks a pop.:covereyes:

When everything was brand new it would do okay up to 10 or 11 feet with 0.500" bleeds.(did well actually) Hopefully I can get it to that point again.

Adjusting the nip pressure is really obvious when you see where the lever goes.

phototec

We have an SP540V and limit our lengths to 5 feet.(it's showing it's age) Trying to hold register over three passes is asking a lot of the rig.

One thing you can do is to increase pinch roller tension. This really helped as before it couldn't be trusted anything over 3 feet. Mine is maxed out right now so I'm going to have to figure out a shim arrangement. Hate to buy more pinch rollers at 90 bucks a pop.:covereyes:

When everything was brand new it would do okay up to 10 or 11 feet with 0.500" bleeds.(did well actually) Hopefully I can get it to that point again.

Adjusting the nip pressure is really obvious when you see where the lever goes.

I have the same older printer, how do you increase pinch roller tension?

Is it a manual adjustment?

Thanks

bnosanchuk

Center On Media

Oh, yes I did use the center on media... I'll see if not using this helps. Thanks for the advice!