• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

poster print paper

elsignshop

hey :signs101: , well i got a request today from a person that does concerts in the area, and he wanted some posters printed to post up in light poles and in stores to promote his concerts and other events in the future. well the question is were can i get the paper from, i think its like a 12"x16" paper( i think, i can be wrong). the posters are goin to be posted mostly outside, but just temporary (maybe 1 or 2 weeks). i would really like to get his business cause it would lead on to alot more business in the future. also what would u think a good price would be. hes think about a order of 500 posters, thank you in advance for any help

s_thompson

Are you looking to print the posters so you are looking for paper?...Or are you looking to design and find a source to print them?
I might be able to lead you a direction that is reasonable, very reasonable, but I don't know what you are asking completely.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's called Railroad Stock. It's about 6 or 10 ply thick and will last outside for up to 3 months. You can digitally print to it, screen it or flatbed print it.

It's the most economical way to go... especially if you have the knowhow of how to print in-house.

elsignshop

Are you looking to print the posters so you are looking for paper?...Or are you looking to design and find a source to print them?
I might be able to lead you a direction that is reasonable, very reasonable, but I don't know what you are asking completely.

no, im printing and my designing them myself. i just need the paper and maybe a estimate price would help. dont want to be to low that i piss off other printing business around here and dont want to be to high that i lose his business. this would be my first time printing these posters.

elsignshop

It's called Railroad Stock. It's about 6 or 10 ply thick and will last outside for up to 3 months. You can digitally print to it, screen it or flatbed print it.

It's the most economical way to go... especially if you have the knowhow of how to print in-house.
where do i get it from?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay. Do you have a Dick Blick down there ??

Another place used to be Georgia Pacific.
You might try Glantz, although I never got it there.

Many places carry it and the old term was railroad stock. Today... it probably has a new 'Technical' name to make it sound more expensive.

elsignshop

Okay. Do you have a Dick Blick down there ??

Another place used to be Georgia Pacific.
You might try Glantz, although I never got it there.

Many places carry it and the old term was railroad stock. Today... it probably has a new 'Technical' name to make it sound more expensive.
no theres no dick blick here or any other printing supplies here. the only place to get any printing supplies here would be like a STAPLES but there still like 50 miles from where im located at. i get all my stuff from online. so im tryn to order something from online. the man dont need a estimate price for another week and dont need them printed for about 2 weeks from now, so im trying to get stuff in so i can get them done. but not really sure on the price tho

s_thompson

I have a guy that does them 14x19's for us @ $.42 cents a piece, I wouldn't run that through my printers honestly...let someone else put the wear and tear on their machines

elsignshop

well i just got a text message from the guy and he said the posters are 13"x19", so thats the size im looking for. so we might just sub out and find some one to print them for me or try to print them with the HP or just use are epson 1400 with CISS, but i just think its goin to be to much wear and tear on my printers. but can i get a couple of quotes on that size poster please ( PM me please) ill be doin all the art work design on photoshop. thanks to everyone for information and advice. :thankyou: