• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Powerpoint files... Can we use them?..Is there a way to use them?

gabagoo

Just received a file in Power Point and it is loaded with a lot of graphics. I cringe thinking that I have to recreate everything. Is there a way through Flexi or Signlab to actually be able to use files like this?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have Power Point you should be able to print the file but choose the PDF print driver instead of a printer. That will save it as a PDF.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
1657731850299.png

gabagoo

Hope you get paid for your time. Many give this away.

Minutes > hours > days. It all adds up!
Oh I won't be giving it away... I would think set up will take a few hours...many graphs and charts plus paper holders and they want it on a metal surface with dry erase 4 x 8...9 of them... Big money!!!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
The U.S. military is notorious for PPT files. Why? Because, as a whole, they are not authorized any other design software. Only specialized agencies are authorized Adobe and/or CorelDRAW. We have to keep MS Office on all our workstations so it's just a matter of opening in PowerPoint then saving as pdf. Not ideal for large print as PPT is used mainly for presentations where resolution isn't a key factor.

p.s. Retired USAF Graphic Designer (Visual Information Craftsman)

gnubler

This is why I stopped wanting to help those who insist on doing it themselves. And I've never had any PPT customers magically come up with a print-ready file...these are the same people that take a picture of a logo on Vistaprint on their computer screen and text it to you as artwork.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I can't stand PowerPoint files. Even the PDFs generated by PowerPoint are often garbage. We get quite a bit of work from Fort Sill as well as other military posts/bases in this region. They do love PowerPoint. And MS Word. It's rare we can take a PDF generated by either application and go straight into production. Usually we have to ask for other copies of the assets used in the document, such as better quality versions of photos embedded inside the document. We've re-created a lot of unit crests through the years. But we still get new ones to convert. I had a whole pile of them to convert recently for an interior signage project in the building of a field artillery training battalion. We made pretty good money on the job though.

Funny thing, when someone from Fort Sill (or another post) gives us better quality assets to use in a project they often have to bring a CD-R they burned to our shop in person. Most of these guys have computer systems that will not allow anyone to plug a flash memory stick into a USB port. And they're pretty restricted on what they can email to other people. Obviously it's all about security.