• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check: 8x4 skid sign real estate/construction site

JBurton

Signtologist
Not to encourage a race to the bottom but would you rather do something for $25/hr or sit around for $0/hr?
At that rate, I'm just paying for a building and equipment out of my own paycheck! At least at $0 I can play with my drone, print something for my office walls, or CNC some etsy sh*t the wife found and needs...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
At that rate, I'm just paying for a building and equipment out of my own paycheck! At least at $0 I can play with my drone, print something for my office walls, or CNC some etsy sh*t the wife found and needs...
You still have to pay for your building and equipment whether you work or not.

gnubler

That's around what I quoted and I never heard back from the client, even after a follow up. They originally stated they had a budget of $700 for TWO skid signs, installed 50 miles away from me. Not realistic.

Evan Gillette

We are around 700-900 for a 4x8 on a nice painted sled delivered locally. Probably should be closer to $1100 this year. We use 2x4 purlins instead of a plywood backer, easier for install and hauling if you need to knock em down.

gnubler

Sounds reasonable.

On this bid the customer requested a plywood backer because they were supplying a banner for the sign face.

gnubler

And that should answer all questions about their budget and why they feel $700 is enough for 2 sleds, delivered
New construction of a national corporation retail store. I was perplexed at the cheap vibe in the original request and also the rudeness of getting no reply back from my quote and then follow up email. A$$holes.

JBurton

Signtologist
Selling one right now, 2 4x8s in a 90 degree configuration. Aluminum is just under $300, and some acm faces. Not sure if we'll add a skid or direct bury, but either way my final price is around 2,600.
New construction of a national corporation retail store. I was perplexed at the cheap vibe in the original request and also the rudeness of getting no reply back from my quote and then follow up email. A$$holes.
So I find that most big brands will go with these companies that are barely a print shop for all of their temp and promo signage, and these folks are the worst. It's usually a few folks making phone calls and emailing art, but they are aggressive and resourceful (which is akin to rude when you have no tact). They'll even tell you that you'll have the option to bid install of the sign package to drive your install price down so you 'look good' for the big signage install, when they don't even know who is managing the sign package. They will eventually find someone to lean some plywood against a dumpster and screw the banner to it.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The pricing for a skid sign can vary depending on various factors such as location, materials, and labor costs. It's advisable to reach out to local contractors or sign-making professionals in your area to obtain accurate and up-to-date quotes. They will be able to consider your specific requirements, materials, hardware, and installation needs to provide you with a comprehensive estimate for the frame construction and installation.
Thank you for joining our forum. Your botlike ai results are so much more enlightened than the human answers. :rolleyes: