• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price check on aisle 5' x 10'

copythat

I am doing yellow coro, with vinyl lettering on 2½ sheets of 4' x 8'.

Were are doing two of them I came in at $650 per side. Just wanted to know if I'm good at that price!

TIA

Tommy

Jillbeans

Why coro?
If you are using the thin stuff it's gonna be see-thru when the sun hits it (if double-sided)
As for price, I hate to say this but that is a lot!
hahaha
Love....Jill

Mosh

4x8 coro vinyl one side (one color vinyl) we get $117.
4x8 coro printed one side (full color) we get $207.

Do the math for a 5x10 (I tell my customers too bad, 4x8 is all you get!)

copythat

Always good to hear

Jill this is going on an a two sided sign post. So all we have to do is take off the side brackets & slide them in. I figured $400 per side and set-up.

4 mil coro. He just wants it up for the Holdiay Season. Then he wants to change it.

This client just doesn't stop advertising his business. I do at least 1 mailing a month for them. Per location (2) with 2000 for one & 1400 for the other.

I got these guys 1½ ago when started my marketing campaign.

"Do Not Participate In This Recession" Other than Jan & Aug I am 20% up from last year!.

Where should I really be? Don't want to be a pig. Just want to be in the ballpark.

Thanks for the response.

Tommy

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're putting on the Gettysburg Address, you 're doing fine. Otherwise.... that's a great price.

Another question would be... if you wanted a 5' x 10', why didn't you order that size and then flood it or put yellow vinyl down first ??

copythat

Gino you always perfect with your answers

I'm taking flood is painting & then applying the vinyl. That's why I am in here. EXPERIENCE Talks! Doing yellow coro, mainly that it will just slide into the piece alot easier.

Thanks Gino

Tommy

Flame

4x8 coro vinyl one side (one color vinyl) we get $117.
4x8 coro printed one side (full color) we get $207.

Do the math for a 5x10 (I tell my customers too bad, 4x8 is all you get!)

Yes, we all know you're the lowballer with sucky designs. No need to keep bringing it up.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm taking flood is painting & then applying the vinyl. That's why I am in here. EXPERIENCE Talks! Doing yellow coro, mainly that it will just slide into the piece alot easier.

No, flooding is a silk screen process when you just usually screen print a full screen of one color with no image burnt on. It kinda floods the entire substrate, hence the term. In your case, this is far too big to use a screen, but I would still use yellow screener's ink for Cor-X and roll it on quickly. It's been my experience that screen printers ink will bite much better than regular paint. It will practically block out any light from the other side, which I now see isn't a factor, but good for you to know for future projects.

You could also buy some 48" or 60" yellow vinyl and just float that on as your background color and not need ink at all.

'Float': is a term we use when we use the wet method and soak the daylights out of the substrate and the back side of the vinyl when applying oversized panels and just squeegee the crap out of it once it's down until it lays flat. Let it dry thoroughly and then apply your graphics and/or copy.

Circleville Signs

For what you are talking about, why not just BUY yellow 4mil coro. We charge $7/sf for 1 color vinyl on 4mil coro.

So, on a 4'x8', that's $224.00. That doesn't include design time.

Gary

copythat

GINO thanks again!

I dabled in silk screening back in 85' when I had my own darkroom. I was never ANY GOOD at it so I gave it up : ) . But that is all good information to know in the future.

Ok here's the skinny.

$1300 was strickly for design/print/material

I told them that it was going to be $350 for install. If I am going to keep him for next campaign, I will just incorporate it into the total price.

I calculated supplies:
Coroplast - $42.45
Vinyl - $78.00
Design - $90.00 5 lines + logo
Labor - $350.00

Anything I missed?

TIA

Tommy

copythat,
You need to understand that a lot of people have no understanding of NYC pricing. I have a few customers in NYC and I have to agree with your pricing 100%
Pricing for the NY Metro area is different than anyplace else in the country.

mark in tx

If only enough people understood they can also charge and get a price like that, then we could all meet up once a year in Fiji for a vacation.

cptcorn

adad
Since the dimensions are the same, I will tell you that a 5x10 banner turned around in 24 hours is only worth $4.50 as I learned today. Not "four fifty" especially when the 18"x24" double sided sign you also ordered was $40.00.... *shrugs*