• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Price Guide...

Redhawk028

Ok I have searched this forum for a while and really did not find the answers I was looking for... and im sure you guys have probably answered this question a million times lol! :Oops:
Soo... I have a price established for lettering and all that good stuff I just really don't have a good price guide or really any idea at all for vinyl single color decals.
I really need a price guide for doing decals, like size/price, etc... is there a good App I can get off iTunes or does anyone have a sheet they can send my way? I would GREATLY appreciate it because I have a huge order for decals but I have no idea what to charge. I don't want to cheat myself nor the customer. Please help :cool1:

Mosh

Screen printed, Thermal printed, Inkjet Printed???

For the last two I go off the Signcraft Price Guide. Screened ones I figure
my cost, overhead and profit and there you go. I don't really care what others
charge, only care about myself.

Huge order? What is huge to you? I just finished 5000 6"x12" decals, and didn't call that huge...

J Hill Designs

no real guide. material x2 + time involved@shop rate

signcraft has one that comes out yearly, but I only use it as a baseline / rough price

Redhawk028

Screen printed, Thermal printed, Inkjet Printed???

For the last two I go off the Signcraft Price Guide. Screened ones I figure
my cost, overhead and profit and there you go. I don't really care what others
charge, only care about myself.

Huge order? What is huge to you? I just finished 5000 6"x12" decals, and didn't call that huge...

Non-printed just straight up white vinyl cut into a design.

tomence

I just charge whatever i feel like it. I also did 10,000 printed 5.5 x 7.5 decals in 2 days, charged $1.35 each if that helps you.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The first thing you need is your hourly shop rate for labor. There has been much written and posted here about that. It is comprised of how many billable hours per month you can reasonably expect and includes your overhead, your salary, your profit and your return on investment. For the majority of shops it will fall into the $60 to $100 per hour range.

Once you have your shop rate, you will want to determine your markup on materials ... typically anywhere from 160% to 200% or more. Finally art and setup are added in separately since they're one time fees which vary quite a bit from one shop to the next.

Once you have that determined, you should time the cutting, weeding and finishing of one decal. Let's say you have 100 decals to do and they take five minutes each to produce. Let's also say that your markup on materials is 200%, you are producing the decal from high performance cast vinyl that costs you $1.00 per square foot, the decal measures 6" x 12", and that your shop rate is $75.00 per hour.

• Time to cut weed and finish 100 decals: 5 minutes x 100 units / 60 = 8.33 hours. 8.33 x $75 = $624.75
  • 6" x 12" / 144" per square foot = .5 sq. ft. x 100 = 50 square feet. $50 x 200% = $100.00
  • $624.75 + $100.00 = $724.75 total for production of 100 decals
  • Art and setup charge = $100.00
  • $724.75 + $100.00 = $824.75 total price of job or $8.25 each

Redhawk028

I greatly appreciate everyones help with this, I subscribed to the Sign Craft Magazine and their guide is helpful! I am going to check out everyones recomendations and go from there.
Thank you too Fred! You made alot of things clear for me to realize that I really did'nt think about... Remember I am a fresh newbie at this sfuff so be pacinet with me lol!
Thank you guys a million I greatly appreciate all the feedback and recomendations!

jona

I greatly appreciate everyones help with this, I subscribed to the Sign Craft Magazine and their guide is helpful! I am going to check out everyones recomendations and go from there.
Thank you too Fred! You made alot of things clear for me to realize that I really did'nt think about... Remember I am a fresh newbie at this sfuff so be pacinet with me lol!
Thank you guys a million I greatly appreciate all the feedback and recomendations!
There is one estimating program that is bare bones, i use it as a guide ONLY
Its free@ the SIGNEXPERT.COM,, GOOD LUCK