• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing Book?

adamfilip

Curious if there is an industry "blue book" of current trends in pricing?
for digital and vinyl signage. that could be used to help determine if my pricing is in the right ball park.. and I'm not pricing myself out of the market

Wiggum PI

Spandex puts one out in Australia, I'm sure there must be someone doing one over there, but can't help ya apart from that.

RogueRoller

It would be hard to do based on demographics.
A sign in West Virginia would sale for less then a shop in a city of California
So now you would be going for a state or country wide average.
This now would have you in the same place you are now.
Then there is the shop that will drive down the price to get the job.
This hurts him you and all other sign companies in your area.
Once he is out of business because he did not make a profit but work all the time.
The businesses left standing are there to fix the damage he created by under bidding.

So I would suggest come to a price that makes you a profit instead of trading dollars for dollars.

Wiggum PI

:goodpost:Our one is supposed to be an average of all states and territories, but in real world terms, has no relevance whatsover to what people actually pay or charge :Big Laugh

Locals Find!

Signcraft puts out a pricing guide that is based on National Averages its a good starting point. Beyond that its up to you.

signage

How do you come up with a pricing book for custom work? Most signs I see are different in size, words, colors, etc.......

Jillbeans

I've used this for many years.
It tends to run a little high for my area but as a whole it's reliable. I also use the one you get free for subscribing to Signcraft.
Love....Jill

royster13

I've used this for many years.
It tends to run a little high for my area but as a whole it's reliable. I also use the one you get free for subscribing to Signcraft.
Love....Jill

Could the reason the prices run high be that guides of this type do not get much input from very small shops and/or home based businesses? These operation tend to price at the lower end of the scale...

ucmj22

The SignCraft price guide is a good guideline. its gives you a worksheet to calculate your overhead to determine your hourly rate, then has prices color coded in to 4 categories based on your hourly rate. Like I said, its a good guideline, but you will still need to tweak it.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 95

k.a.s.

I think the signcraft price guide is a very good starting point and I usally use it as my basis.

Kevin

ChiknNutz

Do you want a book or sign pricing software? The software allows you to customize it for your locale and specific needs...just sayin'