• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing this out

TintTech

I have a body shop account that needs me to remove and reinstall vinyl just like this van. Remove the same amount of lettering and re install it. I guess comcast has everything pre cut and just sends them out to the shop when they are in need of new ones. So it would just be for the labor. What do you guys think I should charge. I dont want to charge to0 little and also not be outrageous on the price. Any ideas? Thank you

20170114_110406.jpg 20170114_110420.jpg 20170114_110411.jpg

Attachments

• 20170114_101814.jpg
    20170114_101814.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 277

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sooooo.......... what do you think is too high or too little ?? Where do you feel comfortable ??

Looks like about 2 hours total from getting your tools out to erasing any guidelines. Removal would be strictly T&M.

thinksigns

SnowFlake
What method do you have to remove the old? I might be inclined to price the removal/clean up separately from the new install. I would also make sure none of what you are removing is reflective.

2B

removal is by time * shop rate.

installation 240 ish and then adjust after the first

printhog

Comcast pays from $100 to $250 per install from my experience, but that was years ago. So a body shop? Its likely insurance work, so I'd bump it by $100 or more. its a one off. Removal will be easy, Comcast specifies 3M. likely under an hour to strip.

S'N'S

I do heaps of panel shop insurance work and never do the removal, that's their job.(unless you want the extra money) I just measure up/ take photos and come back the day after painting (oven baked 2k paint) and slap on the new one. If its baked you don't have to wait...BUT you will get all the people crap on about outgassing etc which may be the case for naturally cured, in which case I wait 3-5days depending on how hot the weather is.← Just remember this, cause if you mark the new paint, who is paying to redo it, your $250 is gone (is it cured in the sun or oven?)
If they supply graphics $200-250 to apply
Removal $150.

printhog

Oven cure makes no difference unless you're talking about powder coating or the new UV cure paints. The carrier solvents need time to leach out, the oven can speed that up but only at 120 degrees or better. Usually paint shops keep their booths at 80 or so just to stay in the cure reaction window.. and cure catalysts are aggressively reactive to the vinyl adhesive. It's chemistry. Results of reactions can take up to a year to surface.. microscopic bubbles from out gassing make adhesive failures, and catalyst cure reactions in the adhesive layer cross link the resins and harden the adhesive prematurely.. hindering the removability.

3M Tech's can, and do, analyze film failures. They can determine if you applied wet or dry, what prep chemicals were used, and whether the surface was cured. They can even tell if you used rapidtac or soap. Take one of their classes... Ask their rep.. A few days wait isn't unreasonable. Rushing thru it is unprofessional.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

S'N'S

Well, I've been doing this way for the last 10-12 years and have never had a failure...so I will stick with it.
Oven baked comes out hard enough to sign next day, they don't want the car sitting around finished for 4-5days, they want it signed and gone so they can collect the money. NEVER ever had a problem.