• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pricing

Need help with pricing labels...different sizes full color...printed on a mutoh 54" and cut on a q54....do you price individual for small orders?? What about bulk?? How can I figure my pricing...
Cost of material+ink??

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Good grief...I just looked...they are high.....lol

Not sure which products you're looking at but I wouldn't sell our decals as cheap as they have listed there. Be careful matching your pricing to a massive online printer with tons of automation.

Edited to add, if you really want to figure out what you should/could be charging, have a gander at this: https://www.signs101.com/threads/sign-pricing-calculator-video-tutorials.175097/

I'd say it's a good idea to factor in all your expense/overhead etc. when pricing your work.

gnubler

Not sure which products you're looking at but I wouldn't sell our decals as cheap as they have listed there. Be careful matching your pricing to a massive online printer with tons of automation.
Ditto this. I often compare my prices to Sticker Mule. On decals they're limited to single color (I think white or black only) and 15" wide max. You can use those limitation to your advantage.

Edited to add, if you really want to figure out what you should/could be charging, have a gander at this: https://www.signs101.com/threads/sign-pricing-calculator-video-tutorials.175097/

I'd say it's a good idea to factor in all your expense/overhead etc. when pricing your work.
Thank you so much!!

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I also try and be more than stickermule all the time. They're too cheap if you ask me.
I had someone price me out at StickerGiant. I told them that was a great deal! I thought Stickermule was cheap, these guys are dirt cheap!
Also, most online locations require the customer to have everything setup and submitted correctly. If you are helping your customers, which you most likely are, make sure you're charging to help them. They typically don't know how to setup a file to the correct size let alone setup a diecut.

gnubler

They typically don't know how to setup a file to the correct size let alone setup a diecut.
Exactly. I bet Sticker Mule is plagued with low-res JPG uploads for die cut decal orders.
I've ordered from them before (before I started my business) and I suspect they farm out their graphics work to Indonesia or something.

victor bogdanov

Exactly. I bet Sticker Mule is plagued with low-res JPG uploads for die cut decal orders.
I've ordered from them before (before I started my business) and I suspect they farm out their graphics work to Indonesia or something.
I sell small stickers online and surprisingly the artwork supplied is usually pretty good, less than 1% artwork is problematic. you don't need much resolution for a 3" x 3" sticker.

victor bogdanov

I also try and be more than stickermule all the time. They're too cheap if you ask me.
I had someone price me out at StickerGiant. I told them that was a great deal! I thought Stickermule was cheap, these guys are dirt cheap!

I always beat the big sticker places on lower quantities by 10-15% and on larger quantities by about 5%, still very worth it. I don't run single orders though and try to print full rolls to make it more efficient

ikarasu

I beat stickermule... not by much in the higher quantities. usually 3" x 3" Stickers I sell for 50 cents a piece in under 100 qty - In 100-1000 I'm at 25 cents... Stickermule is at about 32 cents for 2000 + - $1 for 100 plus.

Online I sell for more - Thats my local, you must come pickup, and provide print ready artwork price.

I used to be way cheaper to compete with stickermule / get business... But it just isnt worth the time. By the time you add printing + die cutting + packaging, its not worth it to do it at these prices.... Not when you could be doing something else that has a much, much higher profit ratio.

So I do it for my current customers or people who ask, I dont advertise it anymore.

MrDav3C

I'm based in the UK so my view may be different but I certainly don't try to compete with large print companies.

Instead I've worked out my material and ink costs and multiply this by a factor to give a base selling cost that covers my time and allows me to make a profit which I am reasonably happy with as a bottom line for large orders. For smaller orders the factor is increased slightly as a means to provide discounted rates for larger orders without destroying the bottom line.

If the job is more time consuming, tedious or a PITA for any other reason I then multiply by an additional factor to allow for this.

Remember, your customers are also paying for your time, knowledge and experience which they don't usually get when ordering from a large online business - this can be almost invaluable!

damonCA21

I agree with above. The big companies churning out cheap stickers rely on the artwork being print ready so they can just stick them on a machine without thinking about it at the lowest acceptable quality. That is fine for customers who have it all ready to go, but I rarely find that is the case with my customers. I don't tend to do a lot of bulk printing anyway, it is normally smaller orders,