• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print/cut alignment driving me crazy

binki

VS-300 went mustang about 6 weeks ago. I have done so many alignments and nothing is consistent. When I do the print alignment it tells me -0.50. I set it to that and then it tells me -1.10. WTF? I do the print/cut alignment and it is perfect. I do a print/cut and it is way off.

I cleaned the pinch rollers. I am feeding the media with no tension.

This is all front to back. Side alignment is just fine. What am I missing here?

binki

1706853554498.png

damonCA21

If it is front to back it is most likely the pinch rollers need replacing. Not just the rollers themselves but the black plastic part that holds them. These can warp or develop cracks, and it stops the vinyl feeding correctly. This is why you get different results each time you try and align it. Get OEM Roland rollers, not the cheap chinese copies
The other thing that may help is cleaning the grit rollers under the vinyl. If these get gummed up they end up not gripping the vinyl and feeding it correctly

netsol

we had a similar issue with our sc545-ex.
discovered that one of the rollers wasn't dropping down completely every time you move the lever to down position

if you grabbed each roller and moved it side to side, one of them would drop down with a "thunk"

we did a little twist (if i remember correctly) and it was fine

binki

Thanks for the 411. I will look up the pinch rollers. That was my next move. I will check the bottom rollers as well.

And yes, I only purchase OEM parts and supplies. I make too much money on this thing to go cheap.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've run into this type of issue on Rolands before and it's usually an encoder issue. I don't know if the VS models are the same as older ones but I would usually run the linear encoder setup and linear encoder calibration in service mode and then the environmental match in user mode. That gets the encoders in order and tends to fix the issue.

damonCA21

I've run into this type of issue on Rolands before and it's usually an encoder issue. I don't know if the VS models are the same as older ones but I would usually run the linear encoder setup and linear encoder calibration in service mode and then the environmental match in user mode. That gets the encoders in order and tends to fix the issue.
I would agree when the cut is off on the scan as it's normally down to that. This one is on the feed though, so the linear encoder shouldnt make a difference to that

binki

I was able to find the rollers but I want the entire assembly so I can swap it out. Is there a part number for that? I am unable to locate one

damonCA21

Are they OEM Roland, or the cheap chinese copies? The copies aren't very good and won't last. If it is from digiprint they will be the copies

Stacey K

I like making signs
Make sure your blade is tight. Mine wasn't and my circle cuts were off. I also encountered one of my rollers doesn't always go down. Just a thought since you have 3 weeks to wait LOL

binki

Make sure your blade is tight. Mine wasn't and my circle cuts were off. I also encountered one of my rollers doesn't always go down. Just a thought since you have 3 weeks to wait LOL
Yeah, looking at all of that too.

damonCA21

Thanks for the info. I can't do cash apps. There is no protection if you decide to screw me.
Paypal is fine for payment. It's not a cash app, it is the biggest payment provider in the world and you can pay via card etc.... You are also fully protected against items not arriving etc...

damonCA21

Are they no longer manufactured OEM?
You may find someone who has old stock of OEM ones, they are normally around $120 each if you can find them still. All the others are chinese copies and aren't made to the same quality as the originals were.

Joe House

I think there is a feed encoder disk on this printer that you can try cleaning. Also, if your black nozzle test isn't perfect at the ends it will throw your feed calibration off.
More luck

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Anytime a plotter isn't cutting properly before your run off and start changing parts shotgun style, try removing whatever dust covers are on the tool carriage and with a can of compressed air or a throttled down air compressor, blow all of the dust and crud out of the tool carriage. Pay particular attention to the tool up/down mechanism. Dust and particle contamination in the tool carriage will interfere with the timing of the carriage movements. Try this before running out and buying parts.