• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Print &Cut in rasterlink6 malfunction from adobe illustrator

GeeProcessor01

my print and cut combination not working in raster link the cut/color is linked together but the color(print) bracket is empty no graphic displayed and raster link can't or doesn't read so it doesn't print it prints fine when not attached to cut. Please help. I'm willing to pay for remote assistance.

timgo

Graphics Designer
my print and cut combination not working in raster link the cut/color is linked together but the color(print) bracket is empty no graphic displayed and raster link can't or doesn't read so it doesn't print it prints fine when not attached to cut. Please help. I'm willing to pay for remote assistance.
Remove the installed raster link software and reinstall it.

Have you not installed SignLab for VersaWork on your PC?

GeeProcessor01

YES AND THANKS i WILL RESEARCH SIGN LAB... HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT fLEXI SIGN... ANYTHING Hhas to be more user friendly than rasterlink and fine cut

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Set everything up in Illy and use the FineCut plugin to do your cutting. Can't get any simpler and doesn't cost you a dime. We use this method with CorelDRAW.

GeeProcessor01

Duh... you mean Illustrator... ? I have been doing it that way but when it links over to the actual rasterlink. the Picture/print icon is blank thus no reading of what needs printing which brings us back to my original dillema...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Duh... you mean Illustrator... ? I have been doing it that way but when it links over to the actual rasterlink. the Picture/print icon is blank thus no reading of what needs printing which brings us back to my original dillema...

Check each layer's settings and make sure the print layer isn't set to not print. It sounds obvious but it's one of those settings that isn't readily apparent and can be clicked and you don't even know it! Also, try creating a spot color called, "CutContour" and set your cut data to that color. Then just save as an EPS or PDF and open in Rasterlink without using FineCut. See if that works better for you.

GeeProcessor01

Thanks for all the replies.. Vander J , I definitely have the print set to print and am trying to figure out how to change the spot color and change to PDF .. yet the cutting at this time is not the issue.. I have attached a pic of what i am seeing.. Where it says color {connected to cut} is blank... i have never been able to transfer over and image to print w/ print and cut.. but it does transfer over w/ only Print...

Attachments

• foulup.jpg
    foulup.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 371

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for all the replies.. Vander J , I definitely have the print set to print and am trying to figure out how to change the spot color and change to PDF .. yet the cutting at this time is not the issue.. I have attached a pic of what i am seeing.. Where it says color {connected to cut} is blank... i have never been able to transfer over and image to print w/ print and cut.. but it does transfer over w/ only Print...

Send a screenshot of your FineCut settings when you send the files through. It looks like something is not right because in the screenshot you took the print layer is actually being seen as another cut layer. Notice after the MPC_ it says CU on both layers but on your print only one it says PR? On the print cut job 1 should be CU and the other PR. You might need to go empty out the hot folder if there are any files in there.

GeeProcessor01

in response to your last reply (and thank you) there are no files in the HOT folder.. I empty every time for clarity... I will look n2 your other replies immediately

GeeProcessor01

here are screen shots from FineCUt. and and RasterLink... no matter what combination i use it continues to reflect to CU's I may be forced to go w/ flexi or Sign Lab.. lotta hours spent on this

THanks for taking time out to help

Attachments

• FCRL Set.jpg
    FCRL Set.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 327
  • AIRL SET.jpg
    AIRL SET.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 307
  • RLMALF.jpg
    RLMALF.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 340

printgraphics

Me too! Is there any solution to this?
UPDATE: Of all the dumb mistakes - I did not correctly specify the Hot Folder. When I chose the folder that RasterLink 6 had decided upon (!), and made that the hot folder when selecting the "RL" button in FineCut, and select Hot folder, suddenly the file is correctly split between color and cut, and not color (which was blank), cut > connected, and a third file of color done right, but would not be cut.
This was killing me. I hope this helps someone else. :)

Last edited: