• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print head condition pic inside!

Marty6022

Hi all I'm only new here and to this type of printer

i recently bought a mimaki jv3160sp at the current it has clogged print heads so on remove of the yellow print head I discovered some marks on the print head just wondering if anyone can tell me if this print head is ready for the rubbish or would still print?

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 104

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is a common issue with the JV3s. The capping station warps over time which allows the screws to slowly rise up. The head scrapes across the screw and you won't be able to recover the damaged nozzles. You will need to change the head if you cant get a good test print out of it anymore. Before you change the head, replace the capping station or replace the screws with flat top style screws so that this doesn't happen to the new head.

Mimaki JV3 Print Head

Karen-Kang

Hi all I'm only new here and to this type of printer

i recently bought a mimaki jv3160sp at the current it has clogged print heads so on remove of the yellow print head I discovered some marks on the print head just wondering if anyone can tell me if this print head is ready for the rubbish or would still print?

thanks

on the printhead surface , it already had the scratch on it.
It effected your printing performance , it is better to replace a new one.