• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print quality problems with 800W - Any other owners having major issues?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
hmmm, weird. We have printed solid green on a 370 and last 4 years use a 570, (300dpi 10pass, 110 saturation on 180 cast) partial wrap sides (261" length) without any banding issues (cmykcm). Are all the printhead firing? Are the printing gutters on?
This problem that OP has doesn't happen with 370 or 570. Only with L700&800.

thetsp

I never knew that about the lcm, I'll have to try turning it off, why use the lcm if it won't make a difference on solid color.
LC LM does give you a much better usable print. It gives you better gradients, and greyscale points.
I wouldn't suggest dropping down to CMYK.

360 and 570 use completely different inks and heads and print technolgoy compared to the 300 or 500 series latex machines. I have perfect print quality on those machines for the past 7 years. Its only this new 800 machine

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'd be very interested in the arrangement of those cables within the zip tie. Do those physically move with the carriage? If so, and if unidirectional is working better than bidirectional, to me at least this points to that connection/securement whatever you want to call a freaking zip tie.
Cable and tubes should be fixed to that point with zip tie and adjusted properly so they don't move.
But those move anyways within the trailing pack with the carriage. It's not really a fixed bundle.

And still no, messing with those cables is not going to fix the banding.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What was the initial fix meant to 'fix', abrasion of the cables and tubes presumably?
Are those white tubes ink or are the cables? If they are cables, this could potentially be causing some sort of induction on the black cable, but I really have no clue what I'm looking at in that picture.
Yes, it's to fix abrasion of the tubes pack.
Front is the black power cable and then two white tubes behind that.

Just curious with the terms of sale: with the printer sitting 'for months,' why are you not sending the printer back or demanding a replacement unit?

mbasch

I'd take the files you are having issues with and go back to the dealer or HP and insist they show you how it runs on their demo units and how to avoid it. At least you'll know if it is your printer or a flaw with the model.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'd take the files you are having issues with and go back to the dealer or HP and insist they show you how it runs on their demo units and how to avoid it. At least you'll know if it is your printer or a flaw with the model.
You should read the thread before posting. He's already done what you said and even knows the solution to it.