• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print room dimension for a roland vs 540

Guimb0

Hi everyones,
I would like to know the space area required to product vinyl with a roland vs 540.
I will build a new room with air controlled and i want a laminator too.
Thank's a lot for you're responds.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The actual size is about 2' x 9', but you need space to get in back of the machine for loading media and enough room in the front to roll it up cut it off. I believe the ink is out the one side, so you need some room for loading that in and out, also. Ours is in a room 29' x 39' and windows next to it. Not much smell, but you do want fresh air if you are running it all day long.

graphicwarning

The setup guide for the VS series gives some recommendations... see the image attached for the various machine sizes and Rolands recommendations.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 1.13.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 1.13.42 PM.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 564

CanuckSigns

the actual printer doesn't take up too much room, it's the area you need to leave around it to load/unload/clean the machine, not to mention the space needed for all the media. I would think the smallest room I would be comfortable in would be a 10' x 10' room, that's without a laminator. with a laminator, you should make sure you have at least 10' in front of and behind the laminator so you can mount prints onto boards.

Guimb0

the actual printer doesn't take up too much room, it's the area you need to leave around it to load/unload/clean the machine, not to mention the space needed for all the media. I would think the smallest room I would be comfortable in would be a 10' x 10' room, that's without a laminator. with a laminator, you should make sure you have at least 10' in front of and behind the laminator so you can mount prints onto boards.

Thank's every one for reply!!!!
I plan a 10'x10' room for printer in this case. Small but temporary....
For cut and setup room i look for a 12'x 10' room that's include laminator i plan to make car wrap coropanel and stuff like that it suppose to be ok ?

CanuckSigns

Thank's every one for reply!!!!
I plan a 10'x10' room for printer in this case. Small but temporary....
For cut and setup room i look for a 12'x 10' room that's include laminator i plan to make car wrap coropanel and stuff like that it suppose to be ok ?

10 x12 is WAY too small for a printer & laminator!!!!

Guimb0

No i got a 10'x10' for the printer only. But i look place to make laminate 10'x12'. it's enough ?

Last edited:

2B

I would look at a length twice that for the lamination machine.

example you have a 54 x 120 piece of DiBond to mount a print to, you will need to have room to load the panel into the laminator and then have room to feed the panel through the machine to the other side.

if you are building a dedicated lamination room a minimum of 25' length

Guimb0

outch !! It's a lot of place to do it ! i look it smaller i have a room of 16' x 14' to build cut and laminate room.
I have a small space at this moment. But somebody have idea.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Let's try this................

How much room do you have all total before you start cutting things or building rooms ?? Be honest, because it's only going to hurt you if you make things up.
Next, what equipment do you already own/have in your immediate possession ??
What do you want to add to your arsenal ??

Guimb0

The design at this time looking like that.
Printer room 9'x 11' and laminate and mount room 13'x12'.
Did you seems agree and it's was correct for starting ?
The room not mention is not avalaible for the business area at this time maybe in a few month or next year .
I start my own shop im in build process right now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• room.jpg
    room.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,967

J Hill Designs

you need room behind your printer as well

as for a 12' "mounting room" -- if you have the laminator in the middle, you can only mount to ~4' substrates...

Guimb0

Yes but right now i can't access to this area :frustrated:maybe in a few month.
For work,printer and office area no divisions was made. If you have other idea feel free to keep me in!

scrip

the printer must be in a room with a nice stable room temperature
i would say nothing less than 18c
temperature can impact on the colors rendering