• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

print shifting over a 30" length when applied

gabagoo

I suppose it is all part of the day, but I have these 8 indoor signs that naturally are due today. I cut my alumapanel last night and oversized the print just a bit.
I like using the laminator to apply the vinyl (no lam), but today for whatever reason the print when finished has either stretched and moved up on the material or is just somehow shifting over a very short span.
the last one I was so careful and ran the laminator slowly and it did the exact same thing. I still have 5 more to do and figure maybe I should premask them as possibly it is a little to hot today and the vinyl is a little gummy.....what you think?

anotherdog

I had exactly the same issue mounting to Acrylic a few weeks ago, laminated adhesive mounting to the short edge. It's the bow in the laminator, the slight bulge in the middle shifts long mounts slightly off. after 48 inches I was a tenth off the edge!

My signs were only 1'x4' so I could mount on the long edge. Solved the issue for me.

if not try the lightest pressure to not flex the rollers

gabagoo

Put a blank through and you slightly bend the rollers (they flex). if you aren't in the exact centre it will shift the mounting.

yea that must be it, i tend to stay to one side because there is a table on either side that is a pain to move around. I will start using the middle more and see if things improve.

I thought it was the humid heat we had today as the vinyl seemed so stretchy. Possibly a combination of both. the premask worked