• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Swatch Button Grayed Out | Onyx Thrive creating ICC profile

InkHead

I'm new to Onyx and we just installed the Epson S80600L. I'm trying to create our own profiles using our i1 Pro2. I started the process using the Epson workflow and I am able to print the evaluation files but the Print swatch button is grayed out and I'm not sure why. The i1 Pro2 is plugged in and I am able to calibrate in Onyx with a successful message. Does anyone know why the Print Swatch button is inactive? What am I missing?

Onyx ICC Profiling.png

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hate to be the one to point the obvious...

If you had read though the "Tips" window.
1. Select the ICC profile you would like to use or create new ICC by clicking the +.

So press the green (+) button and go from there

InkHead

Hate to be the one to point the obvious...

If you had read though the "Tips" window.
1. Select the ICC profile you would like to use or create new ICC by clicking the +.

So press the green (+) button and go from there
It actually defaulted to that one as that is the one I created. I also tried clicking the + and it just basically creates a copy of the same one. The button is still gray.

InkHead

Are you sure it's not some limited version without profiling?
I'm not 100% sure. That's a good question. It's for the Surecolor s80L and S60L. I was under the impression it could profile but maybe not. All the options are there to start building the profile. I'll have to call Onyx tomorrow and find out for sure

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah. That's how it was in the old versions because you can create the media but you only have the option to import ICC from outside to it.
Epson might give out this more limited version.

So it's possible you have to make it with the i1 profiler.

InkHead

Yeah. That's how it was in the old versions because you can create the media but you only have the option to import ICC from outside to it.
Epson might give out this more limited version.
Oh that would suck. I wonder how much it would cost to upgrade to the "full" version if that is the case.

Also why would they include Thrive instead of Gamma Print like the normal s40,s60,s80 get?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
S80L is probably only supported in Thrive (maybe just my guess). They have these limits and different versions for printers.

InkHead

Well I guess I will find out for sure in the morning and how much it would cost to upgrade. I'll update this thread when I get an answer

InkHead

Thrive should have the Profiler included. Shure you have Thrive, and not RIPCenter?
20230110_073129.jpg

Yes definitely Thrive but maybe some water down version. As far as I can tell everything is included. The product version even shows Thrive 22.xx.xx.xx

InkHead

Don't feel bad about using i1Profiler. We tend to get better profiles than using Onyx's color engine so have been doing it that way for 5+ years.
I have never used iProfilier to create profiles for the printers. Was using Flexi subscription and that was pretty easy to create. How big are the color charts in iProfilier. Are they only a couple pages?