• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print Swatch Button Grayed Out | Onyx Thrive creating ICC profile

Saturn

Aging Member
My regular 80600 only came with (Onyx) Gamaprint, which does not have the full profiler.

In theory you could pay for a month of the full Onyx Go Plus ($100), run your profiles and then cancel it.

Whatever version you think you're going to stick with, just make sure you can get your barcodes and barcode server all up and running. Onyx had a little trouble with that in the last few versions and you may need a patch depending on your hardware/software needs.

Here's the link to a post from 'yannb' that covers the way they do their profiling using Onyx and the Epson Workflow, with a little help from iProfiler. I have not used it yet, but it seemed straightforward and didn't seem to get any blowback from others on the forum. ;p

InkHead

My regular 80600 only came with (Onyx) Gamaprint, which does not have the full profiler.

In theory you could pay for a month of the full Onyx Go Plus ($100), run your profiles and then cancel it.

Whatever version you think you're going to stick with, just make sure you can get your barcodes and barcode server all up and running. Onyx had a little trouble with that in the last few versions and you may need a patch depending on your hardware/software needs.

Here's the link to a post from 'yannb' that covers the way they do their profiling using Onyx and the Epson Workflow, with a little help from iProfiler. I have not used it yet, but it seemed straightforward and didn't seem to get any blowback from others on the forum. ;p
Hey Saturn! Yes I found that link today today and was trying to see if I could find the Epson IDF Chart Generator. I would like to get this done as close to perfect as I possibly can so if I can get my hands on it, that would be better. I have a ticket open with my dealer to see if they can figure out how I can get it.

I also thought about going with Onyx Go Plus just to create my profiles and than cancel. I'll probably go that route unless the full version upgrade isn't that costly. I currently have Flexi subscription too which I was planning on cancelling since I got Thrive with the machine. I thought it was the full version but I guess its not. Is it possible to create the profile in Flexi and bring it over to Onyx? Or will the ICC profile not load in Onyx. I still have that subscription for about a week.

About to call Onyx now and see what they say.

InkHead

I called Onyx and they confirmed Thrive that is bundled with the Epsons are stripped of some things. So I'm waiting on a call from sales to see what my options are and the cost.

In the meantime, I have print working as well as cutting on the summa with barcode. However, if I have one job and and have 50 copies, it will place like 20 copies on 1 row with the barcodes and then the 2nd row will have another 20 with its own barcodes and then the 3rd row has 10 copies with its own barcode registration.

The pains of learning new software.

20230110_141903.jpg

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I called Onyx and they confirmed Thrive that is bundled with the Epsons are stripped of some things. So I'm waiting on a call from sales to see what my options are and the cost.

In the meantime, I have print working as well as cutting on the summa with barcode. However, if I have one job and and have 50 copies, it will place like 20 copies on 1 row with the barcodes and then the 2nd row will have another 20 with its own barcodes and then the 3rd row has 10 copies with its own barcode registration.

The pains of learning new software.

View attachment 163353
Hit that cogwheel next to placement. You have some "print rows" option selected.

InkHead

That is really weird.

It's probably a way Epson is trying to make you use their own profiles.

You can use i1profiler to create and import the icc profiles. it's easier. Onyx ICC engine is pretty fussy
Yea it's a stripped down version that is packaged with the Epson bulk ink printers I guess. It's a 111 (one cutter, one printer and one PC) and no profile building.

I'm going to try the i1profiler but was wondering if I should select the Epson series comm driver, CMYK, CMYK+1, CMYK+2 and goes to +4 for the printer. SignMeUpGraphics mentioned to select CMYK. I was wondering about that with the 9 colors plus I need to also build a profile that includes white ink. So I'm going to try and take a deeper look into that tomorrow

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Yea it's a stripped down version that is packaged with the Epson bulk ink printers I guess. It's a 111 (one cutter, one printer and one PC) and no profile building.

I'm going to try the i1profiler but was wondering if I should select the Epson series comm driver, CMYK, CMYK+1, CMYK+2 and goes to +4 for the printer. SignMeUpGraphics mentioned to select CMYK. I was wondering about that with the 9 colors plus I need to also build a profile that includes white ink. So I'm going to try and take a deeper look into that tomorrow
Follow Signmeupgraphics recommendations. He uses thrive with i1profiler and the 80600.

I wouldn't bother trying to get the addons for onyx. i1 profiler does a better job.

InkHead

If I can use iProfiler to create these profiles, I will for sure do that. I spoke to Onyx but all their sales reps where at an annual company meeting so I couldn't get the exact pricing to upgrade. So I'm waiting on a call back.
The person I spoke to said the cheapest option was like $1200ish and the next option was was like $2400. So needless to say I'm most likely not going to do that. However, they weren't really sure and to expect a call back from a sales rep. She did tell me I could download a free trial of the full version and do what I have to do.