• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Print then Pray Roland Camm-1 Optical Registration

rockz12

Specializing in the strange and unusual
It seems as though I bought a machine that was misrepresented. The Roland Camm-1 Pro Family has 4 point Optical Registration. Using the Cut Studio software that comes with it you can cut up to 36" fully automatic at once. If you set the crop marks manually (Used Onyx Cut Server) you can go to 63" long. Other than that it is just a vinyl cutter. I used it for T-shirts and smaller decals, worked perfect.. Now I'm getting into larger graphics and the Camm-1 just stares at me! A buddy of mine told me when OPUS came around with the Summa he had the same problem. They have since upgraded their software / firmware to allow the machine to read up to 124 reg marks. He is cutting panels 12' long on the dime. Has anyone else experienced this with the Roland? Any feedback is appreciated... I don't understand why they would restrict the machine to 63".. If a resolution can not be found, I hope to help others with this information looking for a print cut workflow.