• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printed Acrylic on PVC

piodiaz

Morning Guys, one of my clients wants printed acrylic mounted on PVC for outdoor. I am looking for an adhesive that won't mess the UV ink when we apply it. Anyone has recommendations?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Generally speaking, when gluing things together, one doesn't glue substrate to ink. You either glue substrate to substrate or clamp it together from another outside source. The process you speak of..... what's taking place before we go half-cocked ??

J Hill Designs

use a double sided mounting adhesive (double faced tape that comes in sheet/roll form and not a strip)

if it doesn't need to be optically clear I would use mactac IB2107 - comes in sheets 17"x22"

if it does need to be optically clear (IE not printing a white flood over the design on the acrylic), there are plenty of options, I just cant think of a part number

:thumb:

fozzie

Generally speaking, when gluing things together, one doesn't glue substrate to ink. You either glue substrate to substrate or clamp it together from another outside source. The process you speak of..... what's taking place before we go half-cocked ??

agree. whether you flood coat the reverse with white uv ink or apply white vinyl as a backer, if you use tape you as still relying upon the ink adhesion to support the whole weight of the acrylic. that is your weakest link.

would use fasteners somehow.