• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer not moving faster in non-printable areas

nicubila

I have a agfa anpurna mw - a hybrid flatbed and roll to roll printer, and already printing with it - after switching from a Chinese printer). We use it to print mostly logos and other small signs on (flat) products we make - we align a few products and print same file on hundred products at a time in batches.
Now what I observed is that if I have a logo in one part of the product, and next let's say 10cm further, with nothing in between, the roll is moving only 1cm at a time even if it prints nothing.
With the Chinese printer, same files (tiff or pdf) , once the first logo is printed, the bed moved with high speed to the next logo. So something has to be wrong in my setup.
I am using onyx on trial now. The Chinese rip - can't tell the name but probably irrelevant.
I don't know if it makes much sense the way I explained it, but if anyone gets it and has ideas where to look for the error, please post it.

Thank you
Marius
Edit: I attached also a file which can explain a bit better the situation. 12 logos printed on 12 products, 2 rows. Once printer finishes the first row, it keeps moving (the roll) at the same speed like it does when printing, about 1cm. So instead of moving fast to the next printable area, it moved 1cm at a time, so another 10 minutes lost.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-23 at 15.49.39_051c661c.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-23 at 15.49.39_051c661c.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

nicubila

thanks growler, i went that path as in the manual, but no Printer optipns button available, and no skip white spaces option either in any of the other screens

nicubila

My Mimaki does that too... So it takes another 5 minutes to finish the print no biggy
:)
It does not bother me that the printer is red instead of blue; but most of my work (90%+) with this printer is about making logos, qr codes etc on flat products. In a day we have to run the same file between 50 and 150 times. And then it starts to be a biggy