• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer not printing!!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
It could be either of those cables. The longer ones with the Group of 3 cables is the CR Cables, the other is the Head Cables. You definitely have a short in the circuit that runs that magenta channel and it is normally cable related.

heyskull

I could understand the cr cables as they are always moving but the two head cables must be very uncommon to break.

SC

heyskull

OK then.
I have been told by a tech that when the head or cable has died and is causing the print I am seeing now it needs the head, the head cable and a new main board.
What my question is "is how or why a cable or head goes bad can it damage the main board"?
Or is it designed to just cost a fortune to repair?
Or is it a dodgy tech or salesman trying to sell me a new printer?

SC

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The issue is there is no easy way to know 100% what is damaged. You could put in a new head and find out the motherboard is damaged and it just fried your brand new head. You should definitely replace the cables to be on the safe, they are relatively cheap.

heyskull

I could get 2off generic cables for £5 or 2off off mutoh cables for £64 which is a bit more but I don't want to be stuck with a dodgy cable.

I am just a little bewildered why mutoh have not heard of such items as surge protection or even a simple diode so as the current cannot loop back and cause expensive problems!
Or are their machine designed to last just over the 5 years that it takes to pay the machine back?
So we need to buy a new one!

SC

ThinkRight

Or are their machine designed to last just over the 5 years that it takes to pay the machine back?
So we need to buy a new one!

SC

This.

Printers
TV's
Appliances
Phones
and Cars
Everything is disposable.
Cause everyone wants new shiny stuff after a while.
And businesses know this.
They make everything cheap as possible with a known life expectancy, and that is just how it is.

heyskull

Seems very pointless being green and recycling anything if everything is made down this specification.
I mean if we were to go out and buy the latest latex printer and for that to last only five years it seems hopeless trying to sell it as environmentally friendly if we have to throw away the machine so soon?
If I remember it takes something like 85% of the fuel a car ever uses to just make it in the first place. This will probably work out roughly the same for every machine.

I don't want new shiny stuff or anything faster I just would like it to last longer than it took for me to pay for the thing!!!

SC