• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printer profile for Sp540V for inside CorelDraw?

signmeup

I've been trying to get what I see on the monitor to be the same as what comes out the printer. I've made some good progress and the trick seems to be inside the little box attached as a photo to this post. I tried quite a few of the profiles in this box and the one highlighted is the best so far. Is there a proper Roland one for this? If so... where do I get it and how is it installed?

Adrian

Attachments

• print profile.jpg
    print profile.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 97

rjssigns

Only way to do what you want is to invest in some equipment to calibrate both monitor and printer.

Correct Color

That's a pretty old version of Corel, and that little wheel has thankfully long since been retired...

But the bottom line is that the only way to do what you're trying to do is to first profile the monitor -- correctly -- and then view as a soft-proofing condition through the actual profiles to which you're printing on a particular media.

The profile you've selected there happens to be the default CMYK working space for most applications these days, however, unless you're printing on coated stock on a heatset web press, it's not your printer profile.

Your actual printer profiles are in a file somewhere in your RIP directory. Where exactly depends on what RIP you're using. It's possible to point that wheel to them, but it is pretty cumbersome.

I'd also note that the "only" way to do what you're trying to do isn't to buy profiling equipment and attempt to do it yourself. That way is possible, but it comes with a steep learning curve, and all the time you're spending learning is time you're not spending on the myriad other things you've got to do each day.

Plus of course, since there is all manner of mis-information out there about how to set up color management correctly, you can't ever really be sure you've set it all up correctly, or to its best effect.

What you can do is hire Correct Color to set up your color workflow. In the end, that's the best way to get to where you're trying to go.

signmeup

Thanks Mike. I'll dig around a bit and see if I can find the correct profile. The profile I selected is light years better than the one I was using but I expect the proper one would be better still.

Adrian