• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Speed? Vutek PS 200/600 - Colorspan 98UVX

fastnugly

Hey I am new to printing for the most part. I am just trying to figure out speeds right now. I am looking at a Vutek 200/600 & a Colorspan 98UVX. I have read all the Colorspan parts, chips & ink issues. But we are doing some different items and need roll to roll in good speed as part of our manufacturing line.

If I was to be printing 4' x 50'. How long should that take with either of these printers. I seem to be getting different answers, even considering the quality of print. Just middle of the road print quality, does anyone know about how long it would take on either of these printers?

Thank you very much for your time & help. God knows I need it!

Jason

fozzie

98uvx

Looking at spec sheet for 98 uvx

Production speed at 600x600 is 225 sqft/hr
Production sped at 600x300 is 438 sqft/hr

Assume machine is dialed in and you get acceptable quality at production speed.

That is traveling full 8' width. If You did two 4' x 50' two on an 8' roll, it would be about 1 hour 45 minutes at 6x6 for both // 55 minutes for both at 6x3.

If you printed one banner on a 4' roll, print speed would be about half listed. So
1 hour 45 minutes for one banner at 6x6. // 55 minute for on at 6x3

fastnugly

Thank you, that was the specs I saw. I have just been getting different answers from others. I assume 6x3 & 6x6 is the quality setting??

So you think it would do 4' x 50' in around 2 hours or less for sure? Depending on how well the printer is running of course.

So the most I can run at one time is BY FAR better it seems. I actually have to run a bunch of 2" wide rolls of material. It actually has to be printed in 2" wide sections, can't be made larger & then cut But I think I have the fix, I feel I know I can make 23 rolls for sure. But I will just have to play with it to see how much more I can get. Different situation I know.

Thank you for your help!

fozzie

We had a 72uvr. Good machine for what we needed.

If I understand correctly, don't know how you could run 2" (2 inch) rolls through the machine. It uses pinch rollers to advance the media. From memory, the pinch rollers are about 2-3" apart. Even one pinch roller per 2" roll wouldn't work.

Dont know if even a hybrid flatbed could work. Not sure how you could setup 23 2" rolls to advance evenly straight with no drifting, edge curl, etc., for what I understand is 50'.

artbot

[video=youtube;reTOw-AMhdA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTOw-AMhdA[/video] ???

unfortunately it only takes up small space on a table.

fastnugly

Thats cool, but we need to run about 200 50' rolls a day. I dont think the label printer would work for us, well not the smaller ones anyway. The Vutek PV 200/600 uses the take up reel to pull it through doesn't it?

artbot

this is a memjet. all the new label printers are memjet. they can do up to 60' per minute. that means you'd be done with your 200 rolls at 50' in 2hr45min. and the resolution would be 1600dpi.

the vutek is the wrong machine for this. slower, less dpi, take would be a nightmare, used, crazy crazy crazy expensive replacement parts. cease and desist.

you can even go crazy and get a cheap industrial chinese one that slits and laminates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS77vZMvrhg