• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printer Waking up for Cleaning and Thinks No Ink....

splizaat

Hey guys!
This problem keeps happening lately -- basically our sp300v wakes up to do a cleaning in the middle of the night and thinks it has no ink in any of the four cartridges so the LCD screen flashes 1_2_3_4_ and the printer continues to beep as if it's out of ink. It won't shut off until we flip the main power switch....then once we turn it back on, it's completely fine. There's definitely ink in the cartridges, but for some reason it keeps thinking there's no ink in all four cartridges.

Any ideas? Running firmware 7.30

splizaat

Always OEM. i've also noticed when one catridge DOES run out, it takes three or four tries of inserting the new cartridge in before it recognizes a new cartridge in there

Sign Works

Mine did the same thing just the other day but it was when I turned on the sub-power. I initally tried shutting off main power but when I turned main power & sub-power back on it again indicated all ink carts were empty, I then simply pulled out one ink cart (black) and reinserted it which resolved the problem. All carts reading properly now but I'm still really curious as to what caused this in the first place.

OEM ink carts here as well. And now that you mention it I had replaced the black ink cart just the previous day and it did not recognize it at first, pulled it out and reinserted and everything seemed fine, that was the first time my SP-300V failed to read a new ink cart.