• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printers

STICKERNERD

hey what’s up everyone my names larry I’m new here, I have been selling digitally cut stickers on ebay for 3 years now and looking to expanding my online business to custom bulk bumper stickers, my question what printer would be best for me? i'm am currently building a website and ill have a custom functionality where customers can add there own text and/or a small graphic to there sticker then buy in quantities 100, 200, 500 or 1000 and only sell one size, 1.25"x8"
thank you

totalimage

Well we have the versacamm...Not only does it print it contour cuts. We just made 500 bumper stickers for someone running for Sheriff and they look great ....

anotherdog

I hate to say it, but online design software allows your customers to produce crap.
On that scale it may sell, but I was involved with a company that tried to do that with banners. Customers hated it. Consistantly bad results. 5 minutes with a designer made everyone happy.

Flame

What are you printing with now?

Plus, stop and think for a minute.... ANY printer could do this. I mean, solvent, eco-sol, water based, pigment, screen print, dye sub.... you could this with about anything. BUT, the question is, what's your budget and how many do you think you can really do?

a few here and there, maybe 100 a month, just do inkjet transfers. 100,000+ a month, get a Matan.

So many variables out there, and we have so little info.

STICKERNERD

right now i have nothing but a roland cutter, im just looking for more info in the printing department. like i said above my business plan is selling 1.25"x8 customizable bumper stickers, buyers can design and choose quantity 100, 200, ect. my website is all in flash we have spent over a year design and are finally going to be done in December im really looking to purchase a printer soon, budget is around 6000 i don't know if any of this sound crazy or not but i'm just going for it.

Sign Works

right now i have nothing but a roland cutter, im just looking for more info in the printing department. like i said above my business plan is selling 1.25"x8 customizable bumper stickers, buyers can design and choose quantity 100, 200, ect. my website is all in flash we have spent over a year design and are finally going to be done in December im really looking to purchase a printer soon, budget is around 6000 i don't know if any of this sound crazy or not but i'm just going for it.

new 30" Versacamm (Eco-Solvent Inkjet Printer) = 11 K ...... That's actually pretty cheap

You can get a used one off ebay for 6-8 K but you'd better be familiar with printer maintenance as you get no operating & maintenance instruction buying used. although most will warn against it you could always buy a used Colorcamm (Thermal Resin Printer) for about 2-3 K but don't expect it to operate like a plug & play desktop printer, they are not! but they can be run successfully as mine has for the last 5 years.

In my opinion you also need a top quality laminator to accomodate any printer. more $$$$$$$$$$$

Oh and don't forget about the appropriate software. more $$$$$$$$$$

Enjoy your bumper sticker business, I truly don't know how you guys do it but hey, here's to ya. :thumb:

STICKERNERD

what about the Epson 9500? would this be a good printer for decals? or any epson printers?

Last edited:

eforer

The new 8000 is an outdoor printer, but its really new and unproven. Its also about 30k.

You could try to find a used Mimaki JV3 75 SPII in that price range, or SW has a 48" VJ for like 8k right now.